Model S 75D will not start?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Kary993

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So we were going to a party at 5:00 pm pacific time. Temperature was 78 and car was siting in the sun all day. The door handles popped out and ready to go. Got in car and nothing. I pushed brake pedal nothing. Everything blank and dead.

So we took another of our cars as not to be late. Everything fine.

Came back 4 hours later and tried the car again when sun was down and temp 15 degrees cooler and car started fine.

Is this normal for a model S?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's possible that the entertainment system had crashed and was rebooting. This would cause the displays to remain blank. When this happens, the car is still driveable - you just don't get any kind of feedback that something is happening until the screens come back up.

Did you attempt to put it in drive and push the accelerator?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a feeling that the latest firmware is causing some issues like this as my wife experienced this over the weekend. We couldn't even get the car to reboot with the good old "two scroll wheel + brake pedal" hold until the Tesla "T" appears on the screen.

The binnacle was still working though and she had a message that stated something about the vehicle was "still powering on." I forget the exact message, but my wife says she's been having this (and a black center screen) recently. She ended up driving it, getting to our destination, then trying the reset again and this time it rebooted and the center screen came back to life.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like Sheryl Crow had the same thing happen as my wife. Black screen, reset not working...

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like Sheryl Crow had the same thing happen as my wife. Black screen, reset not working...
Gotta love the completely unhelpful replies from $TSLAQ (including our favorite, totally objective "analyst" Linette Lopez... hi there!) :rolleyes:

C'mon people... let's give Bonnie's reply a heart!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And of course, Business Insider and others already have articles on this "negative" story for Tesla. Hilarious (in a eye roll sort of way)
picture0001-png.24332