Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

DR61

Country
Country
Most do, for the first 12,000 miles.
I mention this because I was just looking at our 2017 Volvo warranty. It has a section on 'Adjustments' for the first 12K miles, but does not mention rattles or noises anywhere. It gives as examples wheel balancing, window regulator adjustment, and hood adjustment.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I mention this because I was just looking at our 2017 Volvo warranty. It has a section on 'Adjustments' for the first 12K miles, but does not mention rattles or noises anywhere. It gives as examples wheel balancing, window regulator adjustment, and hood adjustment.
That ("adjustment") would be the type of repair. Correct?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://electrek.co/2017/12/20/tesla-model-3-warranty-new-battery-capacity-retention-guarantee/

Interesting article from Electrek... and Tesla says “... they expect the actual battery capacity retention to be similar to what they are seeing on Model S and Model X over the 8-year warranty period, which they say is “greater than 80%.”

A link to the Model 3 Warranty document is provided in the article... going to go download that now...
This matches up nicely with my plan for 5-6 years of ownership!

I see that they don't seem to warranty against rattles and other noises. They learned a thing or two from fixing all those S and X cars, eh?
I’ve never had a car mention rattles/noises in the warranty and subsequently never had a car where a bad rattle wasn’t covered under warranty.

Note maybe they did and I didn’t notice, but to me that’s unacceptable. It’s not wear and tear, it’s a build issue.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't seen a single one that does.
Do you have an example?

This is, however, the first warranty where I've seen creaks & rattles explicitly listed as exceptions. That's a shame.
"Adjustments" cover creaks and rattles. It's the standard of practice in the industry.

The explicit exception of creaks and rattles is indeed a major issue that won't take long for the press and short-seller stock touters to cite as examples of Tesla lowering standards.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It may be a non-issue. With everything Tesla has learned building the very complex S and X and their decision to make the 3 much easier to manufacture with and many less parts there may not be any ‘squeaks or rattles’. As well they may look after any uncovered issues on a case by case as they have in the past.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Agree this whole thing may be a non issue based on S and X track record. Yet I can’t help to be a tad disappointed that, if they feel confident to de facto state that retention should be ‘greater than 80%’ over the 8 years warranty period, they however only guarantee 70%... :rolleyes:

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Agree this whole thing may be a non issue based on S and X track record. Yet I can’t help to be a tad disappointed that, if they feel confident to de facto state that retention should be ‘greater than 80%’ over the 8 years warranty period, they however only guarantee 70%... :rolleyes:
And my interpretation (and tad disappoinment) of the warrenty is corrosion is only covered for the basic warrenty period of 4 years, 80,000 kms.

These are not all aluminium cars like the S and X.

RiggerJon

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Please, please, please try again ;) I wonder why not when you attach the warranty.
Same result from a PC. It’s over 8MB, so possibly a size constraint?? I can email it if you’d PM me your email address. Maybe you’ll have better luck! :)

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
We'v had my wife's Chevy Volt in for service at least six times and I believe each visit was regarding rattles. It will completely ruin an otherwise perfect ride/experience. They've had the dash completely taken apart a few times and I can't imagine having to this myself because it wasn't covered under warranty.