Model 3 UI language options - for the worldly savvy!

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
So, we've now established that car color is another key element of regional diversity! :D
Now you bring up an interesting question. Will a TESLA 3 UI system speak to you in English or the regional language? Will the prompts on the UI also be in that regional language? I hadn't really thought about it because Americans tend to be pretty ethnocentric. I would love my car to speak to me in some foreign language like British English, "By Jove, you've left the bloody bonnet open" or Canadian, "the next Supercharger is 30 kilometers ahead where you can get poutine and a double-double, eh" or Aussie, "SLOW DOWN! or the constable will be on you like a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest!" and let's not forget Spanish. "Caramba cabron, el cargador es muy lejos"

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Now you bring up an interesting question. Will a TESLA 3 UI system speak to you in English or the regional language? Will the prompts on the UI also be in that regional language? (...)
I cannot imagine it any other way... on my Beemer, depending on my mood, I either set it English, French, German or Italian... :D
Rarely do I resort to Spanish or Dutch, though I could understand it, 'cause the car would start to feel like a cuckoo's nest... :p

dudeman

Country
Country
I cannot imagine it any other way... on my Beemer, depending on my mood, I either set it English, French, German or Italian... :D
Rarely do I resort to Spanish or Dutch, though I could understand it, 'cause the car would start to feel like a cuckoo's nest... :p
Another reason to move all buttons to screen. Can show text in any language. After all it's the iPhone of cars. :cool:

tracksyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would love my car to speak to me in some foreign language like British English, "By Jove, you've left the bloody bonnet open" or Canadian, "the next Supercharger is 30 kilometers ahead where you can get poutine and a double-double, eh" or Aussie, "SLOW DOWN! or the constable will be on you like a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest!" and let's not forget Spanish. "Caramba cabron, el cargador es muy lejos"
I just found out this is possible in a Mini (as in Cooper). However, the issue is, if you want the car to speak with a British accent, it's expecting to hear commands with a British accent (and vocabulary). Kind of a problem.

It is possible on an iPhone though (change Siri to British but keep the language 'American English'). So I guess there is hope.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I just found out this is possible in a Mini (as in Cooper). However, the issue is, if you want the car to speak with a British accent, it's expecting to hear commands with a British accent (and vocabulary). Kind of a problem.
It is possible on an iPhone though (change Siri to British but keep the language 'American English'). So I guess there is hope.
Just don’t change it to Scottish English.
Or make sure you do, if actually Scottish.

Off topic warning red alert... :eek::D:rolleyes:

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
Just don’t change it to Scottish English.
Or make sure you do, if actually Scottish.
Dog, that's the funniest video I've seen in a long time. Well done!

In Californican language, we pronounce it "leben" but since we are a bilingual State, the elevators also speak pocho Chicano and "onnnnnce" also works.

EDIT: I better add the
or someone might take me seriously!

Last edited: