Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Model 3 touch screen measurement not fully rectangular

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Kizzy 
#1 ·
Dear forum members,
I don't know if anybody really take a careful measure their touchscreen size, I noticed this because I was putting a tempered glass protection and found out the center of the screen from top to bottom is 9.125" and on both sides is about 9". At first I though it's the quality of the tempered glass, but actually it's the touch screen itself. So far it doesn't give me any issues at all, just kind if weird, that why the screen is not fully rectangular at all. anybody has this kind of thing in their model 3?

#7 ·
#4 ·
Dear forum members,
I don't know if anybody really take a careful measure their touchscreen size, I noticed this because I was putting a tempered glass protection and found out the center of the screen from top to bottom is 9.125" and on both sides is about 9". At first I though it's the quality of the tempered glass, but actually it's the touch screen itself. So far it doesn't give me any issues at all, just kind if weird, that why the screen is not fully rectangular at all. anybody has this kind of thing in their model 3?
That's because you didn't get a good one. Good ones are shaped to the curve of the glass. Mine fits perfect.

Make sure the one you got isn't upside down either.

It will drive you nuts now ;)

Reactions: GDN
#8 · (Edited)
As you've discovered and has been confirmed the screen isn't a perfect rectangle. Tesla seems to think that small bit gives it a design detail or differentiation they like. I have an AO Matte protector and I purchased it because they noted that they fit the screen perfectly, including that slightly rounded bottom. Their products have been great. I really like the Matte version as well.

#10 ·
As you've discovered and been confirmed the screen isn't a perfect rectangle. Tesla seems to think that small bit gives it a design detail or differentiation they like. I have an AO Matte protector and I purchased it because they noted that they fit the screen perfectly, including that slightly rounded bottom. Their products have been great. I really like the Matte version as well.
Forgot to ask, what AO Matte protector did you purchase? could you provide the link?

thanks

#11 · (Edited)
This is what I have. It really helps cut the glare from the regular screen and does a good job of hiding finger prints. To make it even better, it looks like they've got a really good sale going on right now. I paid the 45.99, but it is $12 off right now as I checked that link. Might as well look for some of their puddle or trunk lights while you are there. Very nice upgrades.
https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/

Reactions: Kizzy and TrevP
#12 ·
I installed a Matt Glass one in my friends Model 3 and Glossy Glass one in mine.
The Matt was nicer than I expected, but I still prefer glossy but the Matt was nice too.
I saw reviews saying you lost a little bit of sharpness on the Matt and saw no indication of that.

P.S. Use a LOT more tape to secure the top while installing than they provide with the kit.

#14 ·
Anyone's guess, it's very slight, but I'm sure it is for aesthetics and looks. You may not know it when looking, but it is just enough to give it a visual cue that keeps it from looking like just a rectangle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.