Model 3 state inspection after 1 Year

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi Guys,

I have to soon take the car in for a second sticker. For guys who have done this do you know if they lift the car of inspections? For my first one they did not in MA.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, at the second inspection they lifted my Model 3. I purchased a pair of lift pucks ahead of time, but the mechanic already had pucks.

I went to Sacco’s Auto Repair & Inspections in Peabody Ma.

mswlogo

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They did for my first one in MA.

They jacked up front left and right.

A lot of dealers will do inspections and they have to do your car regardless of brand. I might take mine to a Lexus or Audi dealer next and get pampered. Same price.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I went to Dedham Gas and Service for my initial inspection at the recommendation of Tesla Dedham. Back then, they probably did at least dozen Model 3s per day if not more, so I assumed they knew what they were doing. I did not watch them perform the inspection, though.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for starting this thread, you just reminded me I need an inspection this month! :D

They raised the front of mine on the first inspection and usually do that for all my cars, just to check wheels etc. I hand them my jack adapters.

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I went to Dedham Gas and Service for my initial inspection at the recommendation of Tesla Dedham. Back then, they probably did at least dozen Model 3s per day if not more, so I assumed they knew what they were doing. I did not watch them perform the inspection, though.
I went the same place because tesla people said. But seriously that owner is a nice guy.

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for starting this thread, you just reminded me I need an inspection this month! :D

They raised the front of mine on the first inspection and usually do that for all my cars, just to check wheels etc. I hand them my jack adapters.
Have mine coming this week for weekend inspection.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
smugly chuckles at all you inspection folk...Here in Alberta you only need an inspection if something breaks or if you register across provincial borders.

Less regulation good until you see that pile of **** 1987 hatchback belching blue smoke because it hasn't had piston rings in a decade.

mswlogo

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Less regulation good until you see that pile of **** 1987 hatchback belching blue smoke because it hasn't had piston rings in a decade.
That’s exactly what it’s intended for. As well as dangerous vehicles with wheels ready to fall off that could harm others or cause major traffic jams as well as other forms of pollution that you might not clearly see or smell.

I’m happy they have it.

Takes 10 minutes and $30 / year no big deal.

These days they just ask the car itself how it’s been running as far as smog goes.

I smugly laugh when I see people think that are in better situation without some regulation.

I love MA, I really do.

HCD3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

For my inspection I drove the car into the bay, the checked turn signals, brake lights and put the sticker on the inside of the windshield. There’s no reason to jack the car up.

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For my inspection I drove the car into the bay, the checked turn signals, brake lights and put the sticker on the inside of the windshield. There’s no reason to jack the car up.
Which place was this again?

HCD3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Which place was this again?
It was my local Mobil oil change facility. I used to go there for oil changes. Since he’s not getting my oil change business I wanted to at least give him my annual inspection business. He’s been very good to me for years. It’s located in Wareham, MA.

Mesprit87

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
smugly chuckles at all you inspection folk...Here in Alberta you only need an inspection if something breaks or if you register across provincial borders.

Or so rusted out you can't recognize the brand or with wheels bouncing for an half hour after a bump... I could go on.
I really wish we had an inspection program, without it, you see some scary stuff on our roads:eek:

ymilord

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some Tesla Center centers will do state inspections. i.e. The one @ Tysons Corner in VA. $16.99. Took them about an hour.