Model 3 SR AWD confirmed

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
While there's been some speculation by a minority of people here that Tesla would not produce an AWD version of the Model 3 SR (despite their info from the beginning saying that AWD would be available with either battery), Tesla reaffirmed it today:

So, for most of us, that can be taken as "Well, duh". But for some people, I'm sure that will be great news :)

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My only hope is that it’s not forced or tethered to the first wave of the standard battery. I think they’ll receive big backlash if the $35k car doesn’t exist when standard range becomes available.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
My only hope is that it’s not forced or tethered to the first wave of the standard battery. I think they’ll receive big backlash if the $35k car doesn’t exist when standard range becomes available.
Agreed - even if their initial mix is 90% AWD, 10% RWD. Honestly, just for purely PR reasons, I think they should be making a nominal number of SRs each quarter, ASAP. :Þ But what do I know....