Model 3 Seat Swap - Model S Seats

edittman1

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
My model 3 is in for service and I’m in this model S and really appreciating a lot about it, mostly the seats. They are absolute paradise!

Anyone know if I could so in to a set of model S seats or are the mounts and size far too different?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mounts and rails are different and so are the electrical contacts. Also, seats contain side airbags which pose a safety and regulatory hazard. You’d also void your warranty if you attempted any mod.

Tesla did offer early Model S owners a seat upgrade but it was $8000

Just be glad you have good seats in the Model 3 compared to the early Model S!

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The model 3 seats are a LOT better than my 2014 Model S were. I got a newer S75D and love the new seats. Did 100K in the others and the car was a joy but its nice to have the newer seats

T Sportline

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model S/X seats are wider than the Model 3 seats. Keep in mind the Model 3 Generation 1 seats already rubs on to the center console.

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wonder what it takes to install Recaro Club Sports in the Model3.

Now that I’ve got Mountain Pass Coilovers the car is pulling serious lateral G’s and the seats aren’t up to snuff.

I know there are seat rail adapters that may work. Probably a company like Mountain Pass just needs to program something so the car still thinks the oe seats are present.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Wonder what it takes to install Recaro Club Sports in the Model3.

Now that I’ve got Mountain Pass Coilovers the car is pulling serious lateral G’s and the seats aren’t up to snuff.

I know there are seat rail adapters that may work. Probably a company like Mountain Pass just needs to program something so the car still thinks the oe seats are present.
You might find it funny but when I had the Euro interior for my TSX, the only work around was dismantling the passenger seat electrical components and stuffing all of that into a bag to get rid of the air bag light. There was no simple resistor work around because the passenger seat in the TSX had the ECU for the seat airbags. I might do this down the road but I do want some recaro sportsters or something similar for sure.