Model 3 Screen turning on and off about every minute

Country
Country
Car is at Tesla Service Center since yesterday morning. Touch screen started cutting on and off every minute or so on the way home from work on Monday. The 'power off' did not fix the issue after the screen rebooted. Tuesday morning the screen worked fine on the way over to the service center. Service tech has confirmed he found water staining under the front dashboard. Car was washed Sunday morning. I will be heading over to service center after work today to discuss the situation with the service tech. Also right rear tail light had moisture in light after I washed the vehicle. Anyone else having these issues. By the way, when the screen goes out no functions work. You are basically driving 'blind'.

Brodie

Country
Country
Car is at Tesla Service Center since yesterday morning. Touch screen started cutting on and off every minute or so on the way home from work on Monday. The 'power off' did not fix the issue after the screen rebooted. Tuesday morning the screen worked fine on the way over to the service center. Service tech has confirmed he found water staining under the front dashboard. Car was washed Sunday morning. I will be heading over to service center after work today to discuss the situation with the service tech. Also right rear tail light had moisture in light after I washed the vehicle. Anyone else having these issues. By the way, when the screen goes out no functions work. You are basically driving 'blind'.
Did you have any resolution to your touch screen issue? I believe something similar happened earlier today to my Model 3. The inside of the windshield was being cleaned with water and some water might have gotten under the front dashboard. The screen was flickering and now will no longer turn on. The car is able to drive, but there aren't turn indicators or anything. It is like driving blind. The car is currently running the air conditioner and it can't be turned off. The app will not connect to the car. Note: I tried doing the scroll wheel screen reset and that didn't do anything. Did Tesla service repair anything once your screen came back on?

Harry Ilyas

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's concerning. Hopefully just a one time glitch and they work everything out when mine is ready for pickup. Thank you, Daniel.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
There are computer connectors just under the windshield that will short if water/cleaner drips down the inside of the windshield. Take extra precautions when cleaning the windshield to not use too much liquid or place a towel at the bottom of the glass to catch excess.

Harry Ilyas

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are computer connectors just under the windshield that will short if water/cleaner drips down the inside of the windshield. Take extra precautions when cleaning the windshield to not use too much liquid or place a towel at the bottom of the glass to catch excess.
So the connectors are not wrapped with protective like rubber sleeve? That would be terrible workmanship if that's the case...

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country