Model 3 remote controlled

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

RetoH

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I now own a second Model 3! Remote controlled! :D A video says more than a thousand words...

Chassis Tamiya TT-02R
Body 3D printed https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4817952 at www.pcbway.com SLA with UTR 9000E.
Painting of course in original Midnight Silver Metallic. :cool:

Little warning, it was not cheap at all. The body alone cost me about as much as the chassis with motor, battery, etc.
Here is a second video with more info on body processing, etc..

And finally how I built the headlights and taillights:

m3_sideback.jpg
m3_back.jpg

Last edited:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tats awesome! What did you use as an RC base?

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Incredible! Love the detail...especially the rims!

• Agree
Reactions: Kizzy

nemner

I now own a second Model 3! Remote controlled! :D A video says more than a thousand words...

Chassis Tamiya TT-02R
Body 3D printed https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4817952 at www.pcbway.com SLA with UTR 9000E.
Painting of course in original Midnight Silver Metallic. :cool:

Little warning, it was not cheap at all. The body alone cost me about as much as the chassis with motor, battery, etc.
I'll make a second video soon with more info on body processing, headlights, taillights, etc..

View attachment 37866 View attachment 37867
Absolutely stunning - beautiful craftsmanship 👍 I know I wasn't the only one to have a heart attack when it flipped on the pavement!

Perhaps it's time to dig the ol' Kyosho out of the box in the garage and mod it up!

Reactions: Kizzy

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing the videos of how it was made.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I put together a list of pieces it looks like it will take to make one. Please let me know if I’m off base.

PCBway body $117.00

25DF12C1-8D4D-4A08-9CB3-D0CA9CAB2197.jpeg
P

Fine spec drive set. $164.50

Motor $20.79

Tires $11.49

Chassis Kit $136.50

Pearl White paint $10.50

Let me know if anyone thinks it would make sense to use a different parts selection. I am looking forward to your next video. You have done an amazing job.

Last edited:

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now we need to find someone who can stamp a cybertruck RC body out of stainless like the real deal. You won’t have the cry when it it’s upside down just like the big one, hopefully. It could be so much better than the one that is sold out from a mattel that is selling for big dollars.

Reactions: TrevP

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This should be about it. You do not need the tires as they come with the chassis kit. My next video should be online Monday or Tuesday.
What comes with the chassis kit? Image on the site seems to indicate it includes everything (wheels/motor/battery).

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Chassis manual

chassis does not include much, other than the chassis and wheels. That’s why I came up with my list above, To try to figure out what it would take to put one together.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like I can print a body on my resin printer in 2-3 sections or in PLA almost in one go. Might have to try this project ;)

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My second video is online!

Great video. Amazing craftsmanship. Can you post the 3D models for your mounting posts? Can’t wait to see how you did the lights in the next video, they look just like the real thing. I hope I am not the only one that was thinking through the first minute of the video is that a cell phone mounted in there? Hopefully Josh will release a RC canserver version. Now I want telemetry.

RetoH

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great video. Amazing craftsmanship. Can you post the 3D models for your mounting posts? Can’t wait to see how you did the lights in the next video, they look just like the real thing. I hope I am not the only one that was thinking through the first minute of the video is that a cell phone mounted in there? Hopefully Josh will release a RC canserver version. Now I want telemetry.
Models for the mounting posts are in the same link in the first post. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4817952

Reactions: Madmolecule

RetoH

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am not sure if they will print all parts... do you see a preview of the print in your account? If not, just contact them in their chat window. Their customer support is very responsive.