Model 3 refresh coming soon

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

pyjamasam

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Turn signals and other stuff seems to be buttons (touch spots) on the steering wheel.

chris.

• Agree
Reactions: Madmolecule

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do many of you have to double pump the stalk to put it in drive or especially reverse? I do have my foot on the break but sometimes I just don’t think he believes I’m serious. I still haven’t mastered the turn signals and almost 3 years. A lot of times I’ll turn the other one on while trying to turn one off.

I can let the stalk go, just like the incandescent light bulb, but Elon Electrify Cuba!

2A214894-886A-418D-B698-4A7664D2FA5B.jpeg

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do many of you have to double pump the stalk to put it in drive or especially reverse? I do have my foot on the break but sometimes I just don’t think he believes I’m serious. I still haven’t mastered the turn signals and almost 3 years. A lot of times I’ll turn the other one on while trying to turn one off.

I can let the stalk go, just like the incandescent light bulb, but Elon Electrify Cuba!

View attachment 37701
I’ve never had to double pump the stalk for drive or reverse. Are you pulling it all the way down/up past the detent or perhaps only going to the detent like you would to engage/disengage Autopilot?

For the turn signal, it’s probably that you’re going past the detent to cancel. But if you took delivery in fall of 2018, check your turn signal behavior. There was a problem around that time where the left turn signal would sometimes behave like you’ve gone past the detent when you haven’t, making the signal stay on. Had mine replaced twice.

• Agree
Reactions: GDN

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
. I still haven’t mastered the turn signals and almost 3 years. A lot of times I’ll turn the other one on while trying to turn one off.
I do that too often in my model X. But in the model 3 it is easy to cancel the turn signal. If you want to cancel the right turn signal, click it again as if you were turning it on (to turn right). That toggles it off. And same thing for the left.

• Winner
Reactions: Nom

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I do that too often in my model X. But in the model 3 it is easy to cancel the turn signal. If you want to cancel the right turn signal, click it again as if you were turning it on (to turn right). That toggles it off. And same thing for the left.
This IS the simplest way to work the turn signals, but after 3 years I still haven't conquered the turn signal impulses that have been ingrained over 50 years of the old way!!

• Agree
Reactions: Achooo

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I Love the Model S refresh - starting from the top of the list below. Does this mean that Model 3 is next? LOL

S-Model S
E- Model 3
X- Model X
Y- Model Y

C- Cyber Truck
A- ATV
R- Roadster
S- Semi

Sexy Cars

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

View attachment 37701
If I try to shift before the car is ready the shift feature doesn’t register as a shift in drive mode. Try waiting a few seconds after you press the brake before trying to select a drive mode and see if that makes a difference?

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.