Model 3 (re-)SOLD on ebay

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m betting it’s a LR with PUP :D
I was curious about wheels and EAP — which of course both are missing. It seems like most of the cars being sold are the cheapest possible spec sans black paint.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks!

Ok so simple math time...

Car was $50k
$1k for delivery
$500 for title fees
$4,763.75 for tax (assuming Freemont)
$56,263.75 out the door

Sold for $75,100.
eBay fee $125.

Nearly a $19k premium.

Both lose out on the credit, but the again the person paying that much for the car probably didn’t care for it and the seller just made a lot more than that.
…and then there's the $5k in capital gains taxes (if not more) he'll now have to pay if he's not going to commit tax fraud.

Also SURELY the ebay fee is more than $125?

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
and they don't take a percentage above that fixed cost? Jeez, I paid almost that much in fees just selling some crap.
That’s right. eBay takes serious advantage on the “crap” when it comes to cars they have to compete with the likes of Autotrader, etc.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
That looks like a Model 3, not a BMW M3. Sorry, I just really dislike using M3 for the Model 3. M3 is taken.
I agree that M3 is not ideal but MS and MX are commonly in use already so this seems to be a natural extension. Typing Model 3 repeatedly is bothersome. What if we started using Mo3 for abbreviation?

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That looks like a Model 3, not a BMW M3. Sorry, I just really dislike using M3 for the Model 3. M3 is taken.

This is a Tesla forum so M3 makes perfect sense. If your post mentions the BMW M3 then, by all means, make a distinction.

What if we started using Mo3 for abbreviation?
Please, no. :)

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Now taking bets on if the seller commits tax fraud.
I've always been curious if the govt could actually prove that this constitutes fraud. The IRS rules require that "The vehicle is acquired for use or lease by the taxpayer, and not for resale."

The car is listed as having 300 miles on it, so it's not brand new. So how could anyone prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the original buyer didn't purchase the vehicle fully intending to use it for personal use but then they discovered something they didn't like about it (especially given that test drives are not available), or some life circumstance changed that made this vehicle no longer a good fit, and THEN they decided to sell it?

Absent clear evidence to the contrary (like listing the car for sale or discussing the sale online before delivery), I bet the buyer could "legally" claim the credit.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It also did NOT even have EAP. I messaged the guy. He told me unfortunately not, that he was going to add it but Tesla told him it would delay delivery (probably would have cost him the $500 change fee as well). I thought it odd because isn’t that just a software add? OTA? I initially (before the no EAP thing)was thinking how bad do I want it as mine (AWD) is a year out. So here was a car I want, but NO AWD....NO EAP and a $20K premium.....easy decision. I laughed at a 20K premium as well.......WITHOUT EAP to boot...made it even MORE expensive.

Ski

Last edited:

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
There was a white Model 3 as well listed for 80K as a data point that didn’t even get a bite. Don’t know what happened to the one listed at $120K.....yes I said $120K!

Ski