Model 3 Production to stop for 6 days at end of May. Quick! Sell TSLA!

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
The article also says Model 3 production has already started 24 hour production. THREE 8 hour shifts for general assembly and TWO 12 hour shifts for body.

Ummmm. Maybe the body guys are getting overworked and can't see the defects that are coming off the line?

Country
Country
This is good news because now is the time to UPGRADE (versus “fix” as the article states) the production line. The benefit is to maximize the production rate prior to reaching 200k US deliveries.

Stopping the line after reaching 200k will affect the number of people getting the tax credit. Hopefully future upgrades won’t require stopping the line.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
The article also says Model 3 production has already started 24 hour production. THREE 8 hour shifts for general assembly and TWO 12 hour shifts for body.

Ummmm. Maybe the body guys are getting overworked and can't see the defects that are coming off the line?
Body people are not working 12 hours M-F; it's staggered shifts. I alternate back and forth between staggered fixed 10h shifts and flex 8-hour M-F shifts. Actually kind of like it, it gives you more "vacation" days where you don't need to go in.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
If all things went as planned, the Model 3 line should have recently restarted.

Im expecting one of 2 things: We should expect a surge in VIN registrations if the upgrades work as planned and First Production models are able to come off at a sustained 5k-6k rate. If there are no huge surges in VIN registrations, I would interpret that as the line was restarted and they are starting batches of P which is still at the lower delta on the ramp curve.

As I understand it, there is only one general assembly line for the Model 3 at Fremont. As I haven't been on the factory tour (yet) I can still openly speculate without violating NDA! Curious @SoFlaModel3 is there an expiration time limit to the NDA?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I can't verify authenticity but this video was leaked supposedly showing Tesla employees returning after the Model 3 production hiatus.

metropolis-gif.9640

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If all things went as planned, the Model 3 line should have recently restarted.

Im expecting one of 2 things: We should expect a surge in VIN registrations if the upgrades work as planned and First Production models are able to come off at a sustained 5k-6k rate. If there are no huge surges in VIN registrations, I would interpret that as the line was restarted and they are starting batches of P which is still at the lower delta on the ramp curve.

As I understand it, there is only one general assembly line for the Model 3 at Fremont. As I haven't been on the factory tour (yet) I can still openly speculate without violating NDA! Curious @SoFlaModel3 is there an expiration time limit to the NDA?
You know I don't think I ever received a copy of what I signed.... :eek:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yeah, it's weird to see something like that from Bloomberg. Normally they're on the short bandwagon.
I don't feel that Bloomberg is on the short side of the TSLA. I think that they tend to lean more towards financial and fundamentals and TSLA doesn't look good on paper.

It seems like most traditional analysts really don't know how to value TSLA or take into account forward P/E because there is no historical comparison in the auto industry. The analysts had the same issues with Amazon in the '90's when they just started. I feel TSLA will very much be similar to Amazon in that it took Jeff Bezos about 20 years before he started declaring a significant profit - all revenues are basically reinvested in the company to fund expansion instead.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
So, here's Bloomberg in the past three months up to the last meeting, ranked by Google:

Tesla Plunges Again as Questions Swirl Around Fatal Accident ...

A Timeline of the Tesla Autopilot Crash Investigation - Bloomberg
Tesla Criticized for Blaming Autopilot Death on Model X Driver ...
This Is Why Tesla Should Answer Boring Questions
Model 3 Production Line Skids to a Halt for Tesla - Bloomberg

Tesla Driver Died Using Autopilot, With Hands Off Steering Wheel ...
Tesla Keeps Using Disputed Crash Stat to Defend Autopilot - Bloomberg
Another Safety Probe Hits Tesla After Subcontractor Breaks Jaw ...
Tesla Doesn't Burn Fuel, It Burns Cash - Bloomberg
Tesla Is Rejected by One Class of Investors Who Should Love It ...
Tesla's $35,000 Model 3 Could Now Cost You $78,000 - Bloomberg

Tesla Plunges Again as Questions Swirl Around Fatal Accident ...

Activist Firm Slams Tesla, Urges Major Board Shakeup - Bloomberg

Tesla to Unveil China Plant Location as Early as Third Quarter ...

A Former Tesla Bull Just Dramatically Slashed His Price Target on the ...

They do occasionally post positive things, but by far they post negative things - certainly far more negative than the stock price maintained (the later reflecting the market as a whole's impression of the company's health). A particularly egregious one was the "Tesla Doesn't Burn Fuel, It Burns Cash" article, opening with an animated gif of Musk shooting money out of his hands into flame throwers. Even people writing on Reddit aren't that immature.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country