Model 3 Performance test drive in Maryland next week

artsci

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The Owings Mills store/service center called me this morning to schedule a test drive of the dual motor performance 3. Set it for next week.

Evidently I was the first to order an MP3 for delivery to that location, so I'm hoping to get the car in August. I'll report on the test drive once it's complete. The roads around the store are well known to me (I drive them in my Model S frequently) so I'll have a strong basis for comparison and judgment about the Model 3.

I expect to be blown away.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's awesome! Hope I get my test drive there sometime soon.
Dropped my car off for service this morning and their large lot used to always be mostly vacant, but today it was full of 3s and half the cars in service were 3s. They must have near 100 3s on site. I feel that this is one of the slower locations because I don't hear much about it, but if this is the ramp up at a slower center I can't imagine the volume at more busy locations.

artsci

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Since they opened, my experience with Owings Mills and my Model S has been fantastic, which is a good thing since they are only a 20 minute drive from my house. Rockville on the other hand is more than an hour away and I don't have as many good things to say about my experiences with them.

Sorry about the "MP3" faux -- still haven't got all of the acronyms for the 3 right:)

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They have always been very nice and helpful there, but I have never seen it so busy before. Hopefully it continues as it has been.

They gave me a new Infinity G50 loaner. Not at all fun. Adequate power, but lag is serious and I hate driving without regen. And the steering is completely numb and has tons of play in the wheel. Hope i get my car back today so I don't have to drive this home and back.