Official Model 3 Owners Manual

Thomas Mikl

Country
Country
I am wondering about a few things in the manual:
No mention of rear seat heating. It even says: Front seats are equipped with heating.
No mention of auto-high-beams.
No mention of auto-wipers.

I would really miss auto-wipers and auto-high-beams. They are sooooo convenient.

Jongaud

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... and no mention of "dumb cruise control". They only mention "traffic aware cruise control" which is not a standard feature. Hard to believe they do not offer a classic cruise control on a car of that price.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Auto high beams are listed on page 56 as one of the standard driver assist features. However, it references the high beam page which makes no further mention; yet.

While there's no mention of a non-EAP cruise control, the first note on page 59 states that, with TACC inactive, autosteer engagement will result in the car maintaining its current drive or set speed (whichever's greater). That, in essence, is dumb cruise control but it's certainly couched in caveats.

As for heated seats and auto wipers, agree that's lacking. My guess is the latter would only require software updates but not sure about the former. Just pulling this out of an area intimately concerned with this topic but I wonder if, rather than heating pads, the back seats might be heated by residual battery heat since the controller is housed there. If so, I'm guessing an OTA would enable but might be the whole bench rather than individual zones.

Finally, in a bit of bad news good news (although, perhaps temporarily bad), page 133 confirms there is no current towing capability but the roof rack mounts are there (even if the necessary accessories may not yet be available).

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... and no mention of "dumb cruise control". They only mention "traffic aware cruise control" which is not a standard feature. Hard to believe they do not offer a classic cruise control on a car of that price.
Current owners have said that there is basic cruise control. So until (and when) the manual is updated, we may have to read between that l8nes on how to engage but since we have all used a cruise control before, I am sure it will be intuitive.

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Most interesting piece is the fact that there are 12V leads attached to the cover of the tow hook. This is in case of a total failure and you can't get the frunk open to jump the 12V battery. (page 14)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting tidbit on the keycard entry. It seemed as though early reports were wave the keycard at the pillar, get in, specifically place the keycard by the armrest and start the car by pressing the brake.

Per page 7, you only need to take that extra step if the brake isn’t pressed within 15 seconds of opening the door.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As someone living 300 miles from the nearest service center, the maintenance schedule doesn't look too scary. The brake service every two years / 25000 miles and battery coolant every 4 years / 50000 miles are the only items I'd expect to do at the service center, if I'm reading this right. The potential for unscheduled trips still concerns me but maybe the rangers can cover most scenarios.

This manual does seem to focus only on first production - I'd love to see one for standard range, standard interior (but I'm not complaining, this is awesome!)

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Current owners have said that there is basic cruise control. So until (and when) the manual is updated, we may have to read between that l8nes on how to engage but since we have all used a cruise control before, I am sure it will be intuitive.

Dumb cruise control was active before the AP update was rolled out. Once AP was available it became TACC, at least for folks who bought AP. Not sure if there have been any dumb cruise control updates or other behavior for cars that don’t have the option enabled.

To initiate cruise control is one pull down of the gear stalk.

Last edited:

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I must be a real fan, if I'm interested in downloading and reading an owners manual of a car I won't own for at least another year, which seems to be incomplete and certainly will be outdated by the time I get my car... :eek::D

rjhoskins

Country
Country
Interesting tidbit on tires and wheels check out the staggered setup!

Tire Specifications

Tire Size Location Size

18" Front/Rear P235/45R18

19" - Square Front/Rear P235/40R19

19" - Staggered Front
Front

P235/40R19
Rear
P265/35R19

Tire pressures vary depending on the type of tires fitted.
Hmmm, very interesting indeed!