Model 3 Owners Florida MeetUp Sep. 23, 2018

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

In case of rain at Markham Park, the MeetUp should move to:

• Aventura Mall

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DelRay Marketplace

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Forum members, supporters, and visitors,

This upcoming Sunday, September 23rd, at 11:00am ET we will have our first MeetUp. At this moment, we would like to announce that the tentative location is Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida. ;)

However, there is still a bit of uncertainty because of the weather, and we would like to give everyone interested in participating to pick an alternate location, in case we get rained out, or there is preference on meeting up at the Aventura Mall Superchargers parking area or the recently opened Tesla Superchargers, at the DelRay Marketplace.

We think Markham park is a good venue since it will take us out of the routine and closer to nature. We are Tesla owners after all, and we partly do it for the environment. Right? Plus it's also a good place to have a relaxing time with new and old friends and family.

Please reply here if you think we should keep the location as Markham Park or one of the other two locations.

After participating of other MeetUps that left much to be desired, at the very least, we will try to host with some drinks (sodas and juices) and snacks.

At this moment, I am not receiving any money from anyone to do this, but I will at least make sure that we can keep hydrated and have a good time. I was thinking of even getting some pizzas, but for that, I would need an estimated count, and possibly some help with the logistics.

As part of organizing this, given that the park is pretty big, I will drop a map pin here the day of the event, for everyone to find the chosen final spot.

I'm putting down here some of the forum handles of those that already expressed interest, but please, the more of you that we can meet in person, the better. The main goal is to get to meet each other, and plan for a much better subsequent event, or even multiple events at some cadence.

Interested forum members so far:

@NR4P
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/nr4p.18615/

@SoFlaModel3
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/soflamodel3.5487/

@Norm Rechtman
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/norm-rechtman.6482/

@Eric Camacho
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/eric-camacho.13330/

@SFL3
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/sfl3.10909/

@SPIKE's M3AWD
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/spikes-m3awd.6178/

@silvanojr
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/silvanojr.12867/

@Andrew Finegan
https://teslaownersonline.com/members/andrew-finegan.828/

If I missed anyone, please add yourself with a comment.

So, in short, please vote for your favorite alternate location, and provide any information you would like to share regarding snacks and drinks. If anyone would like to help me pay for any of the stuff I am bringing for everyone, it will be greatly appreciated, but not necessary.

I hope we get a good-size group and that we can get to repeat this in the future.

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Rafael

Last edited:

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Please, let me know all your answers before the end of the day tomorrow. This should be a great day with everyone that attends. Thank you for your patience while I get things organized.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m in for Markham Park. Either backup is good. I haven’t seen Delray’s location yet, but Aventura does have 40 chargers all under cover so it’s a safe bet for backup.

I’m also glad to help!

PS my daughter has soccer until 10:45, so I will hustle but will likely be a few minutes late of 11 no matter where we go.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m in for Markham Park. Either backup is good. I haven’t seen Delray’s location yet, but Aventura does have 40 chargers all under cover so it’s a safe bet for backup.

I’m also glad to help!

PS my daughter has soccer until 10:45, so I will hustle but will likely be a few minutes late of 11 no matter where we go.
No problem Michael.

Just a quick note to all, DelRay Marketplace recently opened 18 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW. Aventura chargers are Urban chargers with up to 72kW.

Hopefully we don't need to move the event and can keep it at Markham. By the way, I don't think there are any kind of EV chargers there other than the RV park, and that is probably not available. Good thing our cars can ride for up to 310 miles, before needing a 15-30 minute charge to keep going. :cool:

Thank you,

Rafael

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No problem Michael.

Just a quick note to all, DelRay Marketplace recently opened 18 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW. Aventura chargers are Urban chargers with up to 72kW.

Hopefully we don't need to move the event and can keep it at Markham. By the way, I don't think there are any kind of EV chargers there other than the RV park, and that is probably not available. Good thing our cars can ride for up to 310 miles, before needing a 15-30 minute charge to keep going. :cool:

Thank you,

Rafael
Yeah PlugShare says Markham is not for EVs though I’d imagine most of us don’t need the juice.

c2f51826-8756-44e4-b06f-17d500e4544f-jpeg.14785

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry. Yes, 11:00am I will be there earlier in order to pin the location and set up if I can manage to get something going for the group as people arrive.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m still in.
For some reason, I wanna dance. Awesome! I though this wasn't going to get much traction, but with just Twitter and here, a bunch of people have said they will attend. I think we're going to have more Teslas, than there were all kinds of EVs at last week's National EV Week day.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll be there and coming from central florida. I tried hitting up National EV Week day at the UCF campus last week and it was a complete let down, so I'm hoping for a great turn out here. I'm excited for my first little road trip(230mi) in my two week old M3D.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll be there and coming from central florida. I tried hitting up National EV Week day at the UCF campus last week and it was a complete let down, so I'm hoping for a great turn out here. I'm excited for my first little road trip(230mi) in my two week old M3D.
Hi Nate. Thank you for being so supportive. I sometimes feel like no one will show up, and then I keep receiving supportive messages like yours. I hope we don’t disappoint you. At the very least there is at least a small group of about 20 people said they’ll be attending. I’m doing my best to put this all together with good Tesla glue.

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey everyone, we are now nearly just two days away from the meetup. Does anyone here know what would be the best way to stream an NFL game while at a remote location like the park with a big enough screen for MeetUp attendees that want to watch it to enjoy it?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey everyone, we are now nearly just two days away from the meetup. Does anyone here know what would be the best way to stream an NFL game while at a remote location like the park with a big enough screen for MeetUp attendees that want to watch it to enjoy it?
I was just going to record the game and watch it later ;)

PS my wife will take my daughter to soccer so I won’t be late now!

Rafael

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That’s cool. Great. I’m going to be there extra early to get the spot I found there today, where I think it’s best for everyone.

Oh, and we’re going to have to start calling it a friends BBQ instead of a MeetUp, since I found out today that the park asks for a very formal process for actual MeetUps (like full blown auto shows) with insurances, etc.

I might open a new thread later today here for the final roundup and to post the location pin for directions.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good luck with the weather for the meetup. Have a flight that afternoon. So have to miss it . Look forward to some pics.