Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

How would you rate the initial build quality of your Model 3?

• Total lemon; refused delivery of vehicle.

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Significant mechanical/software/build problems that Tesla needed/needs to address

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minor to moderate mechanical/software/build issues

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Minimal, cosmetic issues only. Not perfect but close enough for horseshoes & hand grenades.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Perfect. No issues. 10/10.

Votes: 26 38.2%
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Declined delivery of VIN 47XXX due to numerous cosmetic issues including but not limited to: Scratched paint, scratched trim, scratched seats, trim coming loose, bubbles in paint, bubbles in headlights. Very disappointed in the state of the car upon delivery. Would not expect a car that is over $60,000.00. I was expecting panel gap issues but the state over the vehicle as shown precluded me from taking delivery.

Declined delivery of VIN 47XXX due to numerous cosmetic issues including but not limited to: Scratched paint, scratched trim, scratched seats, trim coming loose, bubbles in paint, bubbles in headlights. Very disappointed in the state of the car upon delivery. Would not expect a car that is over $60,000.00. I was expecting panel gap issues but the state over the vehicle as shown precluded me from taking delivery.
Wow that is bad, What did they tell you about getting you another car? I wonder if they send this back for rework or do they give to another person waiting in hopes they do not do a walk around?

So they said that they were going to take it into the service center to fix the issues and then call me when it's ready. However when I logged onto my account today, there was no VIN attached and it listed an expected delivery date of Oct-Dec '18 again so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. To be honest, I kinda hope I get another vehicle. I just hope it's soon.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.