Model 3 ordered today!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well folks, we did it. Our Model 3 is officially on order and should be delivered (to our home no less!) in December. It's a pearl white, dual motor, long range with 18" aero's (those will be immediately replaced with something much more suitable for the sexy stylings of the M3).

We're incredibly thrilled! We currently own a Chevy Volt, and as much as we love it, it was always going to grow up to be a Tesla. :)

In our excitement to order, we failed to do it with a referral code. But no worries Trevor, we emailed Tesla to add your code to our order.

We will be doing extensive modification to our M3 (thank you tax savings!) and will document them here for you all to see. More to come!

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank-you and congratulations on the order!!
You’re gonna love the car :car:
You are quite welcome. We'd love a ride in the Roadster when you get it (and visit Colorado!).

We know we'll love it. We rented a Performance M3 for a weekend via Turo and were smitten! And that was after renting a Model S for a day.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi Jay,

Were they able to give you any more info on delivery window to Colorado? I ordered a mid range RWD yesterday. Before placing the order, I spoke to 2 different sales reps - both stating configuration did not affect delivery, however one told me 6-10 weeks and the other told me he was certain 4-6 due to my location.

Congrats

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
States closer to CA are 2-3 weeks earlier in terms of final delivery due to proximity to Fremont, CA. Good luck.

East Coast is worst. That’s why they say ~6-10 weeks and the gap is due to logistics to move the car.

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Jay,

Were they able to give you any more info on delivery window to Colorado? I ordered a mid range RWD yesterday. Before placing the order, I spoke to 2 different sales reps - both stating configuration did not affect delivery, however one told me 6-10 weeks and the other told me he was certain 4-6 due to my location.

Congrats
First, congrats to you as well!

I haven't spoken to anyone at Tesla. A truly modern car buying experience done entirely online. But based on the research I've done I understand it's 4 weeks for the West coast, 6 weeks for the Central US, and 8-10 for the East coast. So my hope is 5 weeks for the Rockies region. I won't miss out on our full tax benefits, so I'll fly to Fremont if I have to.

Please let me know when you get a better timeline since you're in line before we are!

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So this is good news. We haven't gotten a call from Tesla yet, or a date. But this email was sent out yesterday to reservation holders and it confirms the time frames on delivery I talked about above:

Hi —-,​
We recently introduced a more affordable Model 3 Mid Range Battery option for $34,200 after federal tax credit and gas savings.* As a reminder, the full Federal Tax Credit of $7,500 ends after December 31, 2018.​
Current delivery timelines are 4 weeks for the west coast, 6 weeks for central and 8 weeks for the east coast. For delivery under 4 weeks, you can pick up your car directly from our Fremont factory.
Order your Model 3 at https://tesla.com/3.​
*Taxes and fees not included. Price includes savings of a $7,500 Federal Tax Credit and estimated gas savings of $4,300 over 6 years. Depending on where you live, you can save even more with local incentives.​
Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304 Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe​

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry this took me so long to post! Here's a shot of our Model 3 on a beautiful Colorado day. We originally named it Wattson, but that was too confusing since our dog is also Watson. So we've named her Joules now...I know, so original, but we like it. Something about the white on white that just exudes a feminine sexuality. :)

Attachments

Last edited: