Model 3 on display in Fremont - employees eager to share... :-)

Caracul

Country
Country
This would seem to be a significant departure from normal NDA rules ... harbinger of progress on the ramp??
Look at the last post. They state they were allowed.

[Edit] I might have misread your meaning. In which case, I suspect more PR at the behest of Elon, in the same vein as the videos of the automation.

3Victoria

Look at the last post. They state they were allowed.

[Edit] I might have misread your meaning. In which case, I suspect more PR at the behest of Elon, in the same vein as the videos of the automation.
Yes the latter is what I meant it suggests to me that things are progressing. It is good that the workers get to see the final product that they built

tonymil

Country
Country
If this was put out by Tesla to impress the public, I'd be more impressed if there were a few hundred Model 3's in the picture instead of just one. It's as if the assembly of just one car is noteworthy.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No pictures, but Electrek says we're in the 2000's now for Model 3's registered.
So what is the point? Tesla employees have enough time to stand around and gawk? From the pictures it looks like nothing is going on at the plant. Sheesh.
To get them excited about what they're doing when they walk into work.

I love the "I made this" hashtag!

3Victoria

Yes, that car is so the workers can see the results of their hard work. All the other cars go off-site to their new owners.
Tesla registered another 1000 VINs, but we do not know what that means in terms of production. It does allow them to produce another 1000 cars, though. Hopefully they will need to register more very soon!

tonymil

Country
Country
I'd like to feel good about the picture, but Tesla doing this right when it's being sued for how it treats is female and minority employees just smack of a crass PR stunt. "Hey, look at what a cool place Tesla is to work at!". This just leaves a really bad taste.

UncleT

Country
Country
So what is the point? Tesla employees have enough time to stand around and gawk? From the pictures it looks like nothing is going on at the plant. Sheesh.
I'd like to feel good about the picture, but Tesla doing this right when it's being sued for how it treats is female and minority employees just smack of a crass PR stunt. "Hey, look at what a cool place Tesla is to work at!". This just leaves a really bad taste.
I'm glad I don't work for you.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Apart from the fact I don’t give credit to all this negative press about T≡SLA as an employer - not that I’m saying there’s nothing behind the articles yet they always seems to spin every bit of related news in the most incriminating way for the company - I’d love to work for T≡SLA!

If anything, I’d get Midnight S≡R≡NITY MUCH sooner than now... :D

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd like to feel good about the picture, but Tesla doing this...
What do you think Tesla did here? All they did was put a completed car in the factory so that the workers can see what they're working towards. It's the last step of the master plan. The end-goal is within site, and they want to make sure employees see that.

This has nothing to do with PR. Those are employees posting pictures, not Tesla PR.

tonymil

Country
Country
Tesla employees all sign NDA's. We've seen what happens when a relative of a Tesla employee starts posting about issues with the model 3 they've received. Taking a picture in the Tesla factory without permission would certainly get an employee fired. Which means they had permission to take and post the pictures, which leads me to believe this was staged by Tesla. But, I acknowledge that this is conjecture, so no problem if we disagree.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
This thread is confusing. The topic is "Allegations of Tesla mistreating workers", but the thread is about people gawking at a Model 3, in a picture that's not present in the thread?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This thread is confusing. The topic is "Allegations of Tesla mistreating workers", but the thread is about people gawking at a Model 3, in a picture that's not present in the thread?
Karen, I went back to the Official Model 3 Production thread, from which posts were coming from, added previous posts missing here which started the exchange and made an attempt at revising the title for clarification. The comment about how T≡SLA treats its employees did indeed seem secondary to the point being debated...

Hope this helps and apologies to my mod friend who took step 1... appropriately creating a new thread away from the original location, mainly intended for sightings of production cars... ;)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Karen, I went back to the Official Model 3 Production thread, from which posts were coming from, added previous posts missing here which started the exchange and made an attempt at revising the title for clarification. The comment about how T≡SLA treats its employees did indeed seem secondary to the point being debated...

Hope this helps and apologies to my mod friend who took step 1... appropriately creating a new thread away from the original location, mainly intended for sightings of production cars... ;)
Picture is still missing....