Model 3 Official Canadian Base price is $45,600

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
$45600 CAD = $35329 USD. Is the Canadian premium on Tesla models really so small? The European premium is a lot more than that.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
$45600 CAD = $35329 USD. Is the Canadian premium on Tesla models really so small? The European premium is a lot more than that.
That’s pretty much the current exchange rate. The rate’s been down a bit lately due to NAFTA worries with Trump, but bumped up a bit on some tentative good news. Hopefully if the Canadian dollar does go up, they’ll adjust the local price.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
That’s pretty much the current exchange rate. The rate’s been down a bit lately due to NAFTA worries with Trump, but bumped up a bit on some tentative good news. Hopefully if the Canadian dollar does go up, they’ll adjust the local price.
In the past, the price has been set and then stays there for months at a time.

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Post on Electrek relating to Canada https://electrek.co/2018/03/21/tesla-model-3-canada-price/
"The automaker confirmed to Electrek that the first invitations to configure are going to Model 3 reservation holders this week with a similar priority that reservation holders experienced in the US: employees first and then current Tesla owners, followed by non-Tesla owners." Very exciting ! Trevor (as an X owner) will know personally probably soon !

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Post on Electrek relating to Canada https://electrek.co/2018/03/21/tesla-model-3-canada-price/
"The automaker confirmed to Electrek that the first invitations to configure are going to Model 3 reservation holders this week with a similar priority that reservation holders experienced in the US: employees first and then current Tesla owners, followed by non-Tesla owners." Very exciting ! Trevor (as an X owner) will know personally probably soon !
Very exciting indeed. Now if we could only find out whether they are prioritizing Canada as has been rumoured.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the FAQ's is also states:

Which Model 3 features are currently available?

Our first Model 3 in production comes with a long-range battery, 499 km of range, rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades throughout, beginning at $64,100. In late 2018, we will introduce the option for a standard battery with 354 km of range and standard equipment, beginning at $45,600.

Mike! You beat me by a minute!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
In the FAQ's is also states:

Which Model 3 features are currently available?

Our first Model 3 in production comes with a long-range battery, 499 km of range, rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades throughout, beginning at $64,100. In late 2018, we will introduce the option for a standard battery with 354 km of range and standard equipment, beginning at $45,600.

Mike! You beat me by a minute!
I'm pretty stoked, man!!

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And awwwwwaaaaay we go! It looks like my config, LR, PP, Midnight silver, auto pilot would be between 71-72000. 57-58000 after rebate. Plus HST and delivery. Hard to believe this is finally real.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
What do they charge for Model S in Canada vs. the US? Is it the same exchange rate there too, or is there a larger premium on the S?

I sure hope they manage to keep their "non-US premiums" down! I've never spent so much on a car as I'll be spending on my Model 3, or anywhere remotely close.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What do they charge for Model S in Canada vs. the US? Is it the same exchange rate there too, or is there a larger premium on the S?

I sure hope they manage to keep their "non-US premiums" down! I've never spent so much on a car as I'll be spending on my Model 3, or anywhere remotely close.
USA Base S 75D = 74,500
CDN base S 75D = 96,650

= 29.73% on the S compared to 30.29% on the Model 3

Hey Karen, I’m sure you know this but when your in the configurator you can change the country at the bottom of the page and get pricing for every market Tesla sells in.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
True, yet there is for sure a component of overseas transfer plus tariffs into Europe that plays a role.

Also, in all fairness, we don’t know EU prices yet. We’re working only with assumptions correlated to relative S/X prices which, granted, was if, I remember correctly, how @TrevP estimated CAD prices... ;)

Anyways, EU prices remain a bit of a distant concern at this point, considering the ‘few’ months yet to wait... though they may hit us in full force when known...

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
As there is the $75k cap in Ontario for the rebate, the only way I see to stay under that cap for the MSRP is to try and pay for EAP separately from the car, does anyone know if Tesla will allow this or can work around it? Ideally Id have the LR, D, PUP and Paint on the actual purchase price, and I could pay for the EAP immediately thereafter, but separate to the actual price... does that make sense and anyone else have a plan for getting around this?