Model 3-New

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Selling or promoting products is NOT permitted on TOO. Please contact us for advertising or sponsorship rates.
    No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer unless prior approval is opbtained by the admin.
    ALL ADS MUST INCLUDE A PRICE
Status
Not open for further replies.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As much as I'd like it now (in Chicago, by the way), I've almost developed a Quixotic desire to see the reservation wait all the way through. I was at the front of the line on March 31st and have some kind of masochistic itch to discover my actual queue position; not to mention I want Midnight Silver.

It's nice of you to put this up and I hope it doesn't mean something awful happened.

That being said, why didn't you just bypass or arrange this beforehand (for color choice)? And, out of curiosity, how did you get to that price? How much were the taxes and, assuming you got it (from the price), does EAP stay with the car? I gather the tax credit stays with you even though you wouldn't complete the registration, right?

It's very tempting but I'm sure somebody less waffly will snatch it before I can convince myself. Good luck!

Jayc

Country
Country
Isn't it ironic, here we are, international folk eagerly waiting till we get our Model 3 and Tesla supposedly doing the right thing, making sure priority goes to those who deserve to get their cars before others.

Surely, there should be a clause in there somewhere that re-selling in the first 6 months or so is prohibited or will void the warranty. Otherwise we could be waiting here for another 36 months till all US folks are done / fed-up with their Model 3 buy & sell businesses.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Surely, there should be a clause in there somewhere that re-selling in the first 6 months or so is prohibited or will void the warranty. Otherwise we could be waiting here for another 36 months till all US folks are done / fed-up with their Model 3 buy & sell businesses.
Once production ramps up, the value of used Model 3s will plummet, and there will no longer be incentive to "flip your ride". So relax, and keep crossing your fingers that Tesla makes it through "production hell" quickly.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Isn't it ironic, here we are, international folk eagerly waiting till we get our Model 3 and Tesla supposedly doing the right thing, making sure priority goes to those who deserve to get their cars before others.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like to see people ahead of me flipping cars for a quick profit; but .... there is a big difference between not liking it and this being unfair.

They’ve earned the right to get earlier access and they can do what they like with the cars including flipping for profit while we’re in a bubble on demand.

Tesla has no control after point of sale to block someone from selling the car and nor should they. Their control over the process ends with ensuring reservations are not transferable without their permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.