Model 3 Master Firmware Updates List and pre 2018.12 discussion

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
New build released 2017.48.11 8df3b30. Interestingly, Teslafi shows it was installed on a S75D AP2 so it appears this car got a unique update version instead of 2017.50.2 with Santa. The prior 2017.48.x builds all went to M3s. Perhaps Tesla is trying to verify operability of M3 builds on an S to go back to releasing fleetwide updates that aren’t specific to only one Model?

Teslafi’s database now has 6 Model 3s subscribing but also popped up a few other curious Model 3 designations. There is a “3 60” and a “3 100D” listed. As per the previous “3 P100D” listed, these are likely subscribers with earlier models and when they added their M3, their accounts got merged in a funny way.

It doesn’t look like any M3s got the Santa Claus Easter Egg. Maybe Elon figures that getting your M3 already was enough of a Christmas gift?

Last edited:

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From delivery (I didn't write down version), I was able to upgrade in a couple of hours to 2017.48.9. I know it added a USB button in the audio section because it wasn't there in the earlier version and was there in 48.9. I was able to play mp3 songs from my USB stick, but when getting in and out of the car, the USB song playing would be lost and the audio player would go back to my phone device.

Tonight I was able to download 2017.48.15. I combed through the menus and didn't see anything different. The timed charging is still not functioning. The USB music still reverts to the phone setting when getting out of the car and closing the door/reopening. Not sure what this new version added.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Got a new update on my MX today
2017.50.3 f3425a1

FINALLY! AP2 vehicles get automatic wipers! It only took a year and a half!

Hopefully M3 can get the function soon...

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, not having had a Tesla (or automatic wipers) before, am I to understand that this means the car will automatically turn them on and off so that you don't have to screw around with adjusting speed on the UI?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, not having had a Tesla (or automatic wipers) before, am I to understand that this means the car will automatically turn them on and off so that you don't have to screw around with adjusting speed on the UI?
That’s correct.

It’s an option you can disable if you do like to manually control them.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got a nofication that there is a new software update for the 3... will let you all know what it improves/changes.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you all notice that Scheduled Charging went away? Tech at EP Service Center says that it will come back, but that there were errors that needed to be fixed.

Anything else anyone notice that has changed?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
From what I've seen, 2017.50.x is only S/X, and the most recent 3 update is 2017.48.x
would probably be best to not include the S/X updates in your orig post to avoid confusion
I had thought of that but Tesla usually releases fleet-wide updates. I added the asterisk system to designate M3-only versions. If it seems that Tesla will continue separate builds for M3 after a few more months, I will not include the non M3 builds.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car is at the service center and just got updated to 2017.50.10 563d37d. Too bad I don't have the car yet to know if anything changed!
others on Reddit/TMC have reported now having access to FM Radio and the HoHoHo easter egg (just in time for mid January!)

@Brokedoc - I've updated the thread title, but not your post#1