Model 3 Master Firmware Updates List and pre 2018.12 discussion

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

apmowery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm sure there are more features I just haven't seen yet - need to drive the car in the morning & then report back. It is common to have additional features added that aren't listed on the notes.
Can anyone confirm if the navigation feature to "avoid tolls" & "avoid ferries" is new as well, or did I just miss that previously? It's new to me, haha.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m confused about the phone key change. Does that mean the mirrors don’t unfold and the car doesn’t “unlock” until the point that the handle is pressed so it pops out? I guess that would prevent frequent locking/unlocking when walking past the car in the garage.

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m confused about the phone key change. Does that mean the mirrors don’t unfold and the car doesn’t “unlock” until the point that the handle is pressed so it pops out? I guess that would prevent frequent locking/unlocking when walking past the car in the garage.
And I'm confused because isn't this the same behavior that already existed with walk-up unlock setting off?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
And I'm confused because isn't this the same behavior that already existed with walk-up unlock setting off?
And I’m confused. What’s with all of these detailed release notes? I thought Tesla likes to play the game “Find the changes in the new UI..... if you can....”

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is pic 5 of 5 showing the backup camera because the image is more clear or I'm I missing something?
Yep, or at least that's what people are saying over on Reddit. It looks way clearer to me but I'm only going by memory.
I didn’t want to say anything because I saw the picture and no clear description, but that’s my hope. I’ll know right away because with any amount of sun my backup view is horrible.

msjulie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just want updates to arrive more quickly ... so impatient :rolleyes: .... funny, for the last update my car got it 2 days before the email came to me saying it would get it...

aquadoggie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From the Teslarati article:

The new phone unlocking system, for example, seems to have been rolled out after several Model 3 owners commented that their cars were unlocking automatically even if they do not intend to enter the vehicle, such as when they walk close to the electric car when it’s parked in the garage.

So am I to understand that even though the mirrors fold out and the lights flash that the car will still technically be locked until I pull the door handle? Still seems odd.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
The map colors have also slightly changed. Not sure why, or of it's even a Tesla thing (could be Google's map itself), but there you have it. I'm curious if that means some stealth map logic/nav improvements.

NEW:
9D7A5BD8-2A28-4F79-BCA6-47B31CC53C5B.jpeg

OLD:
CB088293-69D3-4C81-84C4-5C35EDA0A65E.jpeg

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
From the Teslarati article:

The new phone unlocking system, for example, seems to have been rolled out after several Model 3 owners commented that their cars were unlocking automatically even if they do not intend to enter the vehicle, such as when they walk close to the electric car when it’s parked in the garage.

So am I to understand that even though the mirrors fold out and the lights flash that the car will still technically be locked until I pull the door handle? Still seems odd.
The car will be "unlocked" as soon as you get in range BUT it will not flap its ears (mirrors) or flash the lights. Lights + mirror unfolding will happen only after you pull the handle.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The car will be "unlocked" as soon as you get in range BUT it will not flap its ears (mirrors) or flash the lights. Lights + mirror unfolding will happen only after you pull the handle.
That’s good! Prevents the motors from excessive use and the lights from excessive flashing!