Model 3 invites spreadsheet by chojn1 - original thread

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The original spreadsheet has been locked the last few days. A few of us have tried to contact the owner but have not received any response. So I have restarted the spreadsheet at another site:

link to new Website

I can always merge it with the original spreadsheet if and when we can get it back up.
Let me know if you have any problem with the new site.

CJ

Last edited:

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The original spreadsheet has been locked the last few days. A few of us have tried to contact the owner but have not received any response. So I have restarted the spreadsheet at another site:

link to Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet

I can always merge it with the original spreadsheet if and when we can get it back up.
Let me know if you have any problem with the new site.

CJ
Yep. Requires permission. Please read up on Google's permission schema and ensure your file is "available to anyone with the link."

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think we have a specific set of questions that we thought the spreadsheet would help answer.

Besides there is already the global tracker here:

https://www.model3tracker.info
No offense, but that website is clunky and "graphs" haven't been updated in months. A google spreadsheet is much more straightforward and understandable.

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No offense, but that website is clunky and "graphs" haven't been updated in months. A google spreadsheet is much more straightforward and understandable.
From model3tracker.info You can download CSV((that you can load into excel or google spreadsheet) of the full 10000+ profiles with all the details of each reservation , over 6,000 US reservations down to the city/town and date ordered, including day 1 March 31,2016 details like pre-launch, in-store, internet. It also tracks which reservationist are existing Tesla owners. No offense but starting s new spreadsheet will never give you this much detailed data as model3tracker.info with over 10,000 reservationist.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From model3tracker.info You can download CSV((that you can load into excel or google spreadsheet) of the full 10000+ profiles with all the details of each reservation , over 6,000 US reservations down to the city/town and date ordered, including day 1 March 31,2016 details like pre-launch, in-store, internet. It also tracks which reservationist are existing Tesla owners. No offense but starting s new spreadsheet will never give you this much detailed data as model3tracker.info with over 10,000 reservationist.
Noted.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think we have a specific set of questions that we thought the spreadsheet would help answer.

Besides there is already the global tracker here:

https://www.model3tracker.info
Not to be unkind, but in other words; uninteresting for non-West Coast US-reservationists.
Maybe you should add that in the start.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree with you, but the information there is inaccessible.
I could download the information into a new google sheet, but I thought that would be an inappropriate thing to do. I have no rights to those data and no permission from the people entering those data or from the owner of that site.

The new spreadsheet looks at invites and deliveries specifically so does not have to be that large of a sample. Information of orders from China or Bangladesh, for example, does not matter now.

Last edited:

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not to be unkind, but in other words; uninteresting for non-West Coast US-reservationists.
Maybe you should add that in the start.
I am from Texas (non-West Coast) and am very much interested. The worksheet is designed to spot trends in the production ramp and distribution process. When are the California owners fully taken cared off? What group are they starting with next? Does 3/31 reservationists have priority? Online or In store reservations make any difference? All questions to which we can get reasonably reliable answers with this transparent collection of data.

Non US reservations are welcome to add to the not yet invited tab (like the rest of us non-Californian), but I doubt we can draw very much useful inferences from that data any time soon.

Last edited:

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree with you, but the information there is inaccessible.
I could download the information into a new google sheet, but I thought that would be an inappropriate thing to do. I have no rights to those data and no permission from the people entering those data or from the owner of that site.

The new spreadsheet looks at invites and deliveries specifically so does not have to be that large of a sample. Information of orders from China or Bangladesh, for example, does not matter now.
You can download whatever subset of data you want.. as for permission, you could contact the creator of model3tracker Paul Carter (link on this M3OC - https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/model3tracker-info.1637/ ). I believe it wouldn't be an issue to state your findings in aggregated summaries with saveguard words like "estimates", (no individual data)... e.g. Calif existing Tesla owners who reserved March 31,2016 pre-launch... etc.
I'm from Canada and it really matters to us what formula Tesla is using location + reserve date... The same concern would be true for US non-Californians... There's a big difference being behind only the March 31,2016 Californians if you were from anywhere else, than being behind Californians who reserved even a few days later when the reservation counts almost doubled from launch date. .

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The new spreadsheet looks at invites and deliveries specifically
this IS exactly what model3tracker.info does.

I guess I don't get the need for another when there is already a database set up where reservation holders can enter the date they get invited/order/take delivery. the google doc spreadsheet(s) just feel like they are redundant just to be redundant (just my opinion if that wasn't obvious ;))

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I guess I don't get the need for another when there is already a database set up where reservation holders can enter the date they get invited/order/take delivery. the google doc spreadsheet(s) just feel like they are redundant just to be redundant (just my opinion if that wasn't obvious ;))
That Model3Tracker site is indeed a nice database with a large sample of reservations.
The problem is accessibility of the data. There is no capability to query that database short of downloading the entire database and sorting it on your own. Can you go there right now and determine which group of reservation holders got invites so far? Does owners with 3/31/16 reservation have precedent over those with 4/1/16 reservations? What percentage of invitees are Californians? Have all the California owners received their invites?

If you go on the spreadsheet, you can find those answers with a quick glance at the tabulated data tables. That information is also real time - meaning any data you enter automatically and instantly update the result page.

So it is meant to answer questions quickly, answers which I could not obtain easily from the database.

Last edited:

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

That website doesn’t work on my iPad, freezes it up when I try to utilize the map. (First world problems!)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do agree in general, model3tracker obtains a lot of great data, but doesn’t really present it well. I would love to see some better data outputs from them.

Troy

Country
Country
Hi, everybody. It looks like @chojn1 decided to part ways and took ownership of the form I created in January. We will probably end up with two different forms and two different projects. This is going to be interesting.

CJ had another thread here that was locked by @Michael Russo to avoid confusion. I think that should be unlocked now considering that we will have two different projects.