Official Model 3 interior updates for post January 2021 cars

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Shanghai produced cars just got an update on their website which we all know follows suit in Fremont fairly quickly.

Door panels now have wood or white accents to match the dash
BC0D9988-200D-434B-9B88-1B94F1FA9628.jpeg

C6625334-9A7C-4FC6-B28A-61C02950AA0F.png

Reactions: 1 person

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am going to buy those door panels.
6 months to ebay.

Really don't like the center console at all.

Last edited:

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My one worry about more white is more reflection. The white dash strip is pretty brutal with tinted windows. It nearly completely obscures the side view mirror on the drivers side. This looks like it probably wouldn’t be so bad based on placement.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does the new console yell at you if you close it to hard? I hope it includes some of the over and under engineering of the 1st generation. By under engineering, I mean how does the cupholder designer still have a job.

by 2021 The cupholder should include magnetic coupling, integral heating and cooling with temperature display and ambient LED lighting. It should be provided with a couple magnetic sleeves to insert drive through cups.I would also create a market of custom tumblers and coffee cups made out of a combination metal and glass that would be both recyclable but also look cool with the light shining through it and maintaining your selected temperature. Of course I would like Ramen noodle mode for camping Or baby bottle mode. It’s not all ball-bearings but it is all LEDs and magnets.

Last edited:

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Does the new console yell at you if you close it to hard? .....The cupholder should include magnetic coupling, integral heating and cooling with temperature display and ambient LED lighting....I would like Ramen noodle mode....
I think the new console cover is like in the S/X and just rolls/glides with the user having no control over the speed. I have not seen for myself, tho, so I could be off/base in my assumption.

Plus 1 for liking the idea of heated/cooled cupholders, with lots of bonus points for Ramon noodle mode. I have an aunt who always said Ramon noodles were the lowest of foods on the food chain, but we tend to be bottom dwellers at our house. 😏

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The new cover is just like the Model S/X where it rolls, no more nagging about closing it softly.
BTW, it is retrofitable if anyone wants to do it and not particularly hard to swap out. The cost is $800 US. Just make sure you don’t do like Erik did and forget to swap the keycard reader!

Part number is :

Part: M3-MY 2.0, CONSOLE, PREMIUM Part #: 1755503-00-A

• Informative
Reactions: Needsdecaf

PiperPaul

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does the new console yell at you if you close it to hard? I hope it includes some of the over and under engineering of the 1st generation. By under engineering, I mean how does the cupholder designer still have a job.

by 2021 The cupholder should include magnetic coupling, integral heating and cooling with temperature display and ambient LED lighting. It should be provided with a couple magnetic sleeves to insert drive through cups.I would also create a market of custom tumblers and coffee cups made out of a combination metal and glass that would be both recyclable but also look cool with the light shining through it and maintaining your selected temperature. Of course I would like Ramen noodle mode for camping Or baby bottle mode. It’s not all ball-bearings but it is all LEDs and magnets.
In this new Forum format I don't see the usual Like, Agree, Winner, etc. So this is a REALLY LIKE for @Madmolecule 's post.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.