Model 3 initial feedback and delivery experience

Country
Country
Just wanted to share some quick thoughts as I finally picked up my model 3 (camped out on 3/31/16 and first time Tesla owner)

The experience picking up the car was amazing. Friendly customer service who took their time and went the extra mile. I think not taking delivery at the quarter boundary helps a lot.

My VIN is around 10000 so I think that helped with some of the minor issues (panel gaps etc) in early VINs.

The car is amazing. Actually exceeded my expectations in every way. Let me get to the issues and wish lists first though...

+ Maps thought I was in Fremont for about half a day which was very annoying. Messed up autopilot as it couldn't read speed signs etc. Eventually it got my location fine and has been good since.
+ There was a software update immediately that could have been applied by Tesla prior to delivery. I had to wait a day to get it done but would have been nice for them to do this prior (or force the latest update which I still do not have)
+ The music interface is tough to access and options not great. Glad to have free slacker/tunein but adding Spotify, SiriusXM would be game changer.
+ Summon does not work yet
+ Having text messaging on the interface would be great
+ Move voice control options welcomed
+ Would be good to have more detailed access to energy data
+ Would be good to have better idea of how close you are to all objects around care in inches (besides just the front/back)
+ Having blind spot markers on the side mirrors would be very convenient

Pros
+ Incredible fit/finish ... Feels super premium
+ Amazing acceleration
+ Autopilot is just amazing
+ The mobile app and remote abilities are very cool
+ Charging, especially supercharging is a rewarding experience (even though we pay) The community building around stations is a great experience
+ Love the OTA updates , free LTE/streaming
+ The maps are very good. I actually feel OK not using waze
+ The customization of almost every feature is great. Overall technology is top notch
+ Love how stealth / quiet the car is
+ Super WOW factor. Turning heads everywhere , even current Tesla owners

Thats my short summary so far. I'll give another update after I've owned for a while longer.

My twitter account is: @illmaticwes81

Russell

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just wanted to share some quick thoughts as I finally picked up my model 3 (camped out on 3/31/16 and first time Tesla owner)

The experience picking up the car was amazing. Friendly customer service who took their time and went the extra mile. I think not taking delivery at the quarter boundary helps a lot.

My VIN is around 10000 so I think that helped with some of the minor issues (panel gaps etc) in early VINs.

The car is amazing. Actually exceeded my expectations in every way. Let me get to the issues and wish lists first though...

+ Maps thought I was in Fremont for about half a day which was very annoying. Messed up autopilot as it couldn't read speed signs etc. Eventually it got my location fine and has been good since.
+ There was a software update immediately that could have been applied by Tesla prior to delivery. I had to wait a day to get it done but would have been nice for them to do this prior (or force the latest update which I still do not have)
+ The music interface is tough to access and options not great. Glad to have free slacker/tunein but adding Spotify, SiriusXM would be game changer.
+ Would be good to have better idea of how close you are to all objects around care in inches (besides just the front/back)

Pros
+ Amazing acceleration
+ Charging, especially supercharging is a rewarding experience (even though we pay) The community building around stations is a great experience
+ The customization of almost every feature is great. Overall technology is top notch

Thats my short summary so far. I'll give another update after I've owned for a while longer.

Isn’t there a blind spot detector on the vehicle image on the screen?

Country
Country
Isn’t there a blind spot detector on the vehicle image on the screen?
Yes you can see sensors around the car but its not its in a hard to see spot imo also there is no active alert that I can tell (audible or otherwise) that alerts you without looking at the screen that someone is in your blind spot.

Steve S.

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Pros
+ Amazing acceleration

Congratulation on your delivery! I am very interested in whether you have found and pointed out any fit and finish problems to the delivery adviser during the delivery. Things like panel gap and interior trims. What's the color of your 3?

Cheers!

Steam613

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Pre-delivery delivery question. So I received my VIN and Monroney (sp?) for my upcoming delivery. The VIN in 085xx and build month is March. Is there a thread that compiles VIN sequences with known issues? (cracked glass, panel gaps, etc)
At what odometer reading would you be concerned? 40 miles, 100....? I'm not completely against a rejected model that has had issue corrected. But as with all things Tesla there is some angst. I've asked this over in the Tesla forum but without the build month known nor the mileage angle asked. I promise I'll try not to perseverate on this incessantly. I just don't want my exuberance to fog good judgement. I'm not a car guy. So looking for guidance on what would validate walking away from the vehicle (Lord, the pain that would cause). The panel gap thing seems really overblown IMO as long there aren't leaks, squeaks, or rattles. I've read over and over Tesla makes things right. However I'm a LONG drive to the nearest service center and that also is in the back of my mind. Appreciate the insight in advance.

mxbzz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pre-delivery delivery question. So I received my VIN and Monroney (sp?) for my upcoming delivery. The VIN in 085xx and build month is March. Is there a thread that compiles VIN sequences with known issues? (cracked glass, panel gaps, etc)
At what odometer reading would you be concerned? 40 miles, 100....? I'm not completely against a rejected model that has had issue corrected. But as with all things Tesla there is some angst. I've asked this over in the Tesla forum but without the build month known nor the mileage angle asked. I promise I'll try not to perseverate on this incessantly. I just don't want my exuberance to fog good judgement. I'm not a car guy. So looking for guidance on what would validate walking away from the vehicle (Lord, the pain that would cause). The panel gap thing seems really overblown IMO as long there aren't leaks, squeaks, or rattles. I've read over and over Tesla makes things right. However I'm a LONG drive to the nearest service center and that also is in the back of my mind. Appreciate the insight in advance.
As far as I know, there isn’t a compiled list of issues by VIN. Just look for the most commonly reported things here— panel alignment, paint mismatches/scratches, and possibly windshield distortion (this seems to be less common, but I was affected).

The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement states the car will have 50 miles on the odometer (usually way less), and I would expect yours to be the same.