Model 3 holder deposit take over

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I had deposited 2 years ago since 2016. Over a year ago my wife got MB C300 in Orange County CA and I am driving E350 so I don't think I need Model 3 by now as I received email from Tesla 2 days ago. The bottom line if one interests then contact me at email above for outside discussion.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had deposited 2 years ago since 2016. Over a year ago my wife got MB C300 in Orange County CA and I am driving E350 so I don't think I need Model 3 by now as I received email from Tesla 2 days ago. The bottom line if one interests then contact me at email above for outside discussion.
Dr..J's point was taking over an older reservation is of no advantage to someone just coming in now.
if you don't intend to purchase the car, you should just request a refund.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to beat a dead horse here ... reservations are non-transferable and there is no priority order anymore as everyone can configure. Your quickest path is simply to request a refund from Tesla.

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
there is no priority order anymore as everyone can configure.
Can you explain what you mean? Are you saying the backlog is now caught up and anyone off the streen can place an order and configure to receive the car in 2 - 4 months? I have another reservation placed in November 2016 and have now received my design invitation.
I plan to hold it and see what other options may come along.

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can you explain what you mean? Are you saying the backlog is now caught up and anyone off the streen can place an order and configure to receive the car in 2 - 4 months? I have another reservation placed in November 2016 and have now received my design invitation.
Correct. Anybody can order with currently available options and be in that 2-5 month delivery window. Would a car newly reserved/ordered today be delivered within that 5 month window, well, we will know within 5 months! Of course, there are more configurable options coming so if the tax credit doesn’t mean anything, you may want to hold off.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes - it appears anyone can order, as long as you want what they are selling. You can't go straight in to the configurator like you can an S or an X, for Model 3 it still takes you to the "Reservation" page, but any and all reservations that were made as of early last week were invited to configure and order last week. I had placed a second reservation on June 13, 2018 - just a few weeks back and was also invited to configure last week. I have to believe that if you signed up for a new reservation today and gave Tesla your $1000 that they would turn around and open the configurator to you. I've not heard of an example of anyone doing that yet, but it seems they aren't holding anyone back. The only ones not ordering yet are those waiting on short range or perhaps white interior in a non-AWD/Performance car.

I think the only thing outstanding is will your reservation date help in any way for some sort of priority of those thousands of orders that went in last week or when short range opens, is it first come first serve to the configurator for delivery or will they honor those that reserved in the past and fill orders in that order.

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, so if they had 400K reservations, I know they havent built anywhere near that qty model 3's as yet. So do we assume they havent had as many completing their orders for the LR as thought?

ceo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, so if they had 400K reservations, I know they havent built anywhere near that qty model 3's as yet. So do we assume they havent had as many completing their orders for the LR as thought?
You're making the assumption that it's 400k in the US, and not globally. Add in there are plenty of people waiting for the SR version.

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You're making the assumption that it's 400k in the US, and not globally. Add in there are plenty of people waiting for the SR version.
Folks waiting for SR, folks that cancelled their reservation for one reason or another, international orders that won’t be filled until 2019 or later.