Model 3 Energy App Yet?

Country
Country
Does the Model 3 UI have the energy app yet (consumption/regeneration vs distance)? I feel like it is also in great need of a power meter like the Model S has to show current consumption (beyond the little line under the speedometer that it has currently).

Country
Country
Does it give a real-time graph though? Trip counters are okay, but the real-time information is critical for me. I'd consider not buying if there isn't an energy app at my purchase time.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does it give a real-time graph though? Trip counters are okay, but the real-time information is critical for me. I'd consider not buying if there isn't an energy app at my purchase time.
The energy graph is not there (yet). I’m careful with my “yet” since it’s not necessarily a given, but realistically I would expect this to come as an update. The pace of updates has been fantastic of late!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are a few things I somewhat expected to see included in the final production version (HUD) that wasn't, but at no point had a single lacking feature made me rethink getting this car.
While the energy graph may be a nice to have, it seems more a novelty than anything. The overall energy used per day/trip/week/etc is much more important to me than what it is doing at a precise moment.

Country
Country
That's all true. The Model 3 is my dream car and I'll have a hard time deciding not to buy it, but as a data-nerd, stats like this are very important to me. I honestly wish I could pull up a full diagnostics screen with live data from every sensor in the car.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's all true. The Model 3 is my dream car and I'll have a hard time deciding not to buy it, but as a data-nerd, stats like this are very important to me. I honestly wish I could pull up a full diagnostics screen with live data from every sensor in the car.
crack into the can bus line and decipher the data and you can - but you probably will be doing that at the cost of your warranty

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking forward to the graph during long trips (>350mi) with hills and supercharging. This helps me change speed and decide my own charge duration, especially now that it's always paid. Past usage graphs don't do much for me - use trips if you need to know that.