0-60 mph: 3.2s
0-100 mph: 8.4s

Last edited:

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
$82k MSRP on BMW, $72k MSRP on P3D. I know that race is what a lot of people have been waiting for. You almost have to feel bad for Mario, the BMW driver. His face told the story when he was interviewed at the end.

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It will be nice to see Model 3 performance against the Giulia which is the new leader of the ICE pack.
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-6

I hope tesla release a proper laptime video of Model 3 performance on the Nurburgring claiming a World Record in the process for a small 4 door sedan. Would be a good marketing stunt for the track mode and also a "smackdown" before EU launch

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Patience. EV "tuners" will become a thing as EVs become more popular. :)
You think Tesla will ever allow that? They keep this thing locked down tight for SW and tight. If they do happen, I bet they are pricey.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You think Tesla will ever allow that?
It's not a matter of them allowing it - they can't stop it. You own the car - you can do with it what you wish.

The cars will no longer be covered under warranty, and the owners of those cars may no longer receive software updates, but otherwise, they're fine.

Jason Hughes has already modded a Model S. Others will follow.
This Hacked Tesla Model S P90++ Costs $150,000

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's not a matter of them allowing it - they can't stop it. You own the car - you can do with it what you wish.

The cars will no longer be covered under warranty, and the owners of those cars may no longer receive software updates, but otherwise, they're fine.

Jason Hughes has already modded a Model S. Others will follow.
This Hacked Tesla Model S P90++ Costs $150,000
I followed his threads for a while, quite the brain and interesting stuff. Agree with you on those caveats, it will be a small group that would partake, but yes a few out there that would take it off the grid if you will. You won't be able to use such a device and stay in touch and get updates from the mothership however.

Country
Country
I followed his threads for a while, quite the brain and interesting stuff. Agree with you on those caveats, it will be a small group that would partake, but yes a few out there that would take it off the grid if you will. You won't be able to use such a device and stay in touch and get updates from the mothership however.
There is one ultimate solution to this... buy the 2nd gen Roadster. ;)

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While true you could plunk down more money to make it go faster. Once you do, you start to get into the Model S P100D price range...and P100D is still faster than any upgrade you could do to a M3. The BMW M3 raced already cost more than a Performance Model 3. For a 600HP M3 you'll be looking at $100k range. So yes Mario could keep plunking down money into his M3 to make it go faster. But if you want to just throw money away, might as well just get a Model S P100D.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While true you could plunk down more money to make it go faster. Once you do, you start to get into the Model S P100D price range...and P100D is still faster than any upgrade you could do to a M3.
If you could have Model S P100D acceleration in the Model 3's smaller body, with Model 3's MUCH improved battery & motor cooling ability, it would end up being a much better car than the P100D. A monster on the race track. :cool:

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you could have Model S P100D acceleration in the Model 3's smaller body, with Model 3's MUCH improved battery & motor cooling ability, it would end up being a much better car than the P100D. A monster on the race track. :cool:
Agreed. I wasn't referring to modding the Model 3 though. Was responding to the poster above that said the BMW M3 owner could just plunk down more money to make it go faster. The M3 raced was already an expensive car. To make that car go 600HP he'll have to spend upwards of $100k, which will start to take the M3 into P100D price range. And that M3 will still lose to a P100D on the dragstrip.

Country
Country
$100k seems awfully high, I don’t know what mods he has and how much he spent, but somehow that doesn’t seem right, never owned a bimmer, but I’ve had turbocharged cars before

Cid

Country
Country
Just saw this and it's pretty obvious the car they're running is not the 3P.

0-60 in 3.7 seconds for a dual motor?