Model 3 Delivery Update email 5-20-18

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Ordered a first production LR model with enhanced auto pilot on April 20th after receiving my invitation to configure late on April 18th. At the time of my order they said it would be 3-6 weeks till delivery. Had no further communication from Tesla up until an email tonight telling me that delivery is going to be further delayed until July.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Quite frustrating to have had to give them another $2,500 to order in April with delivery not occurring until 3 months later.

I don’t have a VIN either which I believe I need to finalize financing and insurance.

Attachments

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Ordered a first production LR model with enhanced auto pilot on April 20th after receiving my invitation to configure late on April 18th. At the time of my order they said it would be 3-6 weeks till delivery. Had no further communication from Tesla up until an email tonight telling me that delivery is going to be further delayed until July.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Quite frustrating to have had to give them another $2,500 to order in April with delivery not occurring until 3 months later.

I don’t have a VIN either which I believe I need to finalize financing and insurance.
Many of us got this email moments ago. Configured 4/21/18 and also have a June email like yours. It appears many people on M3OC got this email from the 4/18 order batch

Corey

Country
Country
It's very weird that they send out these emails, yet also update the site to say that new reservations would be processed at a 4-6 months??? That's very ambitious considering my 2017 reservation is predicted to be 5 months out

Blee

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Just got the same email. July!! Reservation 3/31/16, invite 4/13, config 4/23.

“ we recieved an unusually high number of orders”. Are you &#$@&# kidding me!!

The excitement I had, then faded as the years droned on, then revived again last month is quickly fading.

56k for a car sight unseen, $3500 indefinite interest free loan, endless delays.

At least the flame-throwers are shipping. Priorities...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got the same email. July!! Reservation 3/31/16, invite 4/13, config 4/23.
“ we recieved an unusually high number of orders”. Are you &#$@&# kidding me!!
The excitement I had, then faded as the years droned on, then revived again last month is quickly fading.
56k for a car sight unseen, $3500 indefinite interest free loan, endless delays.
People. Come now. Did you not learn about how poorly the launch of the S and X went? Tesla's delays really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. Compared to those other two rollouts, the Model 3 rollout is going so much better. I know it sucks to wait, but this is the price we pay for living on the cutting edge.

If you don't want to go insane from these ups-and-downs, then wait. In less than a year, I bet we'll be able to find Model 3s in the stores, where you can test drive them and buy them right then and there, no waiting.
At least the flame-throwers are shipping. Priorities...
Again, flame-throwers are Boring Company. Not Tesla. Different people, aside from Elon.

Dl6684

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
On the bright side, if you’re looking to change the config, now is the time!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I remember as most of us do the feeling when our delivery estimators moved out three months (for me Dec-Feb -> Apr-Jun).

I feel bad for our "Mid-April" members, yet remember what you're waiting for IS worth waiting for.

I'm almost at the finish line, and you will be too sooner than it feels at this moment.

Gunn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Got the same email, now delayed until July!!

I’m a day 1 reservationists, configured as soon as it was available and done all that has been asked.

Only consolation is that I ain’t alone in this ...

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
May help with the new people coming next to get the full federal tax credit but for those of us waiting for VINE and financing it’s most likely going to cost us another 25-40 bps more to carry.

Last edited:

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Has any Canadian received the delay email? I ordered April 28 but no VIN and no delivery date. Hope I’m still in the 4-8 week delivery window.

He Chen

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
This is weird. I was invited on April 18th. I configured the same day. I haven’t received any email from Tesla yet. I’m torn between thinking this is good news (as in I am spared from either June or July delay) or bad news (as in Tesla just forgot about me altogether). I haven’t received a VIN or been contacted by Tesla in any way since filling out the online paperwork (insurance, license, payment method, etc.).

Edit: I did receive the order confirmed email after I configured so I know I’m getting some emails... I still have the edit my design link too FWIW

Last edited:

Vanidy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Has any Canadian received the delay email? I ordered April 28 but no VIN and no delivery date. Hope I’m still in the 4-8 week delivery window.
I have not yet received this email. Given that you are in Ontario and that’s where the push for Canadian deliveries seems to be right now you might get lucky, but I’m at week 8 this week with no vehicle, no vin and no delivery date yet. So I wouldn’t hold my breath for the 4-8 weeks delivery target.

Asad1087

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I had gotten an email yesterday saying June, I did however...

get a VIN today, 199XX.

Doesn't show up in the account page. I had to use a trick where I try to purchase a wall connector and on the check out page it asks which VIN to assign it too if one is available. You should only try this if your edit button goes missing in your account. Tried it this morning and nothing, waited a few hours and it was there.

Beyond excited for this development, onto the next waiting room. LOL

Vanidy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I had gotten an email yesterday saying June, I did however...

get a VIN today, 199XX.

Doesn't show up in the account page. I had to use a trick where I try to purchase a wall connector and on the check out page it asks which VIN to assign it too if one is available. You should only try this if your edit button goes missing in your account. Tried it this morning and nothing, waited a few hours and it was there.

Beyond excited for this development, onto the next waiting room. LOL
Does anyone know or can anyone confirm if this vin that shows up for the wall charger is indeed the real vin for your car? I have heard that it doesn’t match the vin ppl have been given by their DS which makes me wonder if it is just a “placeholder”.