Model 3 delivery estimates & revisions

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Neighbor's model 3 order is delayed 2 months. 10:48am boston order 31st.
Now Jan to march 18 and he really doesn't believe it. He's expecting to only configure during that time.
Probably wise thought process.
So far with all of the replies last night and this morning everyone sees a one month delay, so...

I either don’t believe your friend’s order time or don’t believe your friend’s window.

As an aside it’s called a “Deliery Estimator” not a “Reservation Estimator”. You should expect the car in the window until you get the car or a new window...

Archer

Country
Country
I'm an in-person reservation holder and went from Nov - Jan 2018 to Dec - Feb 2018. But then the new FAQ verbiage of:

Once you receive your invitation and place your order for Model 3, you can expect to take delivery in approximately 1-3 months depending on your location. If you would like to wait for a version of Model 3 that is not yet in production, you can choose to hold your place in line and be notified when your desired options become available.

makes me believe that I will not receive my car until May 2018 most likely.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a one month bump Nov 17 - Jan 18 >>>>>> Dec 17 - Feb 18.
Any bets on there being a blizzard the week I'm supposed to take delivery? :eek:

Ninja

Country
Country
My original delivery date was Nov-December. It got pushed back to Pushed back to Feb-April of 2018. This quite ridiculous. I am canceling my reservation. Moving on to the Alfa Romeo Giulia. I need a car now, and I the Tesla was during the perfect time, but not anymore.

mtdoak

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm an in-person reservation holder and went from Nov - Jan 2018 to Dec - Feb 2018. But then the new FAQ verbiage of:

Once you receive your invitation and place your order for Model 3, you can expect to take delivery in approximately 1-3 months depending on your location. If you would like to wait for a version of Model 3 that is not yet in production, you can choose to hold your place in line and be notified when your desired options become available.

I think what you'll end up seeing is all people in your group (for example, Non Owner In Person Reservation holders) will get invited at order at the same time. Depending on where you live, you'll get it 1-3 months later.

I don't think that puts you in May, just 1-3 months after you place your order.

My original delivery date was Nov-December. It got pushed back to Pushed back to Feb-April of 2018. This quite ridiculous. I am canceling my reservation. Moving on to the Alfa Romeo Giulia. I need a car now, and I the Tesla was during the perfect time, but not anymore.
I'm very curious how you reserved. Are other people seeing a 3 month push like this?

mtdoak

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a one month bump Nov 17 - Jan 18 >>>>>> Dec 17 - Feb 18.
Any bets on there being a blizzard the week I'm supposed to take delivery? :eek:
I'm ~2 hours from the nearest store (either Philly or Newark), so while I don't think there will be a blizzard, I am rather sure I'll know rather quick how well the RWD works on icy roads up hills.

Either 476 Philly -> Wilkes Barre or 80->476 from Newark.

Here's hoping they let me "delay" picking up my order if weather will be an issue.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm ~2 hours from the nearest store (either Philly or Newark), so while I don't think there will be a blizzard, I am rather sure I'll know rather quick how well the RWD works on icy roads up hills. ...
Or worse yet, after a snowstorm and we're left with super saturated salt spray on every road. We'll find out the washer fluid capacity quickly!

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S

It's a delivery estimator not an invitation estimator:
upload_2017-11-2_11-55-49-png.3946

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I think I was originally Oct17-Jan18, then it was Nov-Feb, now it's Dec-Feb18, with standard as "early 2018"
All of this will most likely push out the 200K US domestic sales targets (especially if they are throttling down the S and X production to "put more resources on the model 3 issues" - yeah right, its all a play.)

I would prefer 2018 anyway, still holding out hope that CA will put in the 7500 tax rebate for EV's for 2018 and beyond, but hoping that the federal govt doesn't somehow try and eliminate all Federal credits somehow for 2018 and beyond.

Petra

Country
Country
Like I mentioned on Twitter, my October - December 2017 delivery estimate has been pushed out to November 2017 - January 2018... which makes sense and all given that October has come and gone. I'm actually a little surprised that the estimates didn't get pushed out further. I guess Tesla is either very confident that the production delay can be recovered from quickly or they're continuing their long history of being wildly optimistic.

*crosses fingers for the white interior option to be available within current delivery window*

DinosM

Country
Country
Mine got pushed back a month also; from Jan-Mar.18 to Feb.-Apr.18.

Since based on everything we have seen/heard both from Tesla and Panasonic, the battery module is the holdup.

How far can they build the car without the module? There was some talk that you could see in the future switching out the battery module and drive off in minutes. So assuming that is still in the engineering specs, they can build bunch of cars and when the modules are ready, productions speeds up, "slap" them in the bottom of the cars and move them out. Maybe is wishful thinking, or maybe that is the reason most of us just got pushed back a month.

Thoughts?

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I think I was originally Oct17-Jan18, then it was Nov-Feb, now it's Dec-Feb18, with standard as "early 2018"
All of this will most likely push out the 200K US domestic sales targets (especially if they are throttling down the S and X production to "put more resources on the model 3 issues" - yeah right, its all a play.)

I would prefer 2018 anyway, still holding out hope that CA will put in the 7500 tax rebate for EV's for 2018 and beyond, but hoping that the federal govt doesn't somehow try and eliminate all Federal credits somehow for 2018 and beyond.
And there you go, as I surmised the current administration will attempt to KILL the 7,500$ federal tax credit for vehicles put into service starting in 2018,

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...x-bill-is-said-to-repeal-electric-car-credits

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So they’re still estimating customer deliveries THIS month for some. Hope we see some invites soon!