Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Model 3 Custom Interior Upgrade

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  cook_diesel 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm a designer by trade so I've been itching to redo the interior of my Model 3 since I bought it almost 2 years ago. I really like some of the Bentley interior colors and styling so I used those as inspiration. I decided to go with Katzkins for the seats since they offered a quilted double stitched pattern similar to some of the Bentley interiors I looked at. I ordered some extra fabric for the door armrests and center console which turned out to be hella expensive to have installed but well worth it. I also added an open pore veneer center console kit from RPM Tesla but I had to finish the pieces myself since the kit arrived unfinished.🙄 I think the interior turned out great (sans the katzkin tags) and I think the brown color I picked is a good contrast to the other darker interior bits and the silver exterior. My next little project will be replacing the headliner with alcantara to match the door inserts.

Big shout out to Jody from DTS Interiors in Plano, TX. He did an amazing job!

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Window Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Brown Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Wow that looks awesome! I really like your interior design much better than the stock black interior. I don't think I can afford to change my own seats but I might consider the wood console. One question about the RPM Tesla open pore wood overlay, does the key card still work when you place it on the console? The RPM Tesla website doesn't say and I would think the aluminum backing on the overlay could prevent the key card from working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.