Model 3 Connectivity

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Smartphones docking system... (Lightning for iPhone version, cables to buy as accessories)

View attachment 2873
You know I didn't think about it until yesterday, but I have a bad habit of using my phone while driving. I think this phone dock is an awesome safety feature as I won't remove the phone from the dock.

I think this sets up really well for my planned setup of Apple Music and Waze alerts through Bluetooth audio!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think that you can load your iPhone with music, and play it using the model 3's interface, if you plug it into the USB port.
You can play your music though the interface using Bluetooth for sure. Now if we can do the same with USB that would be great and only go toward improving the audio quality and consistency!!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I think that you can load your iPhone with music, and play it using the model 3's interface, if you plug it into the USB port.
Sure hope so... the sound is much louder when you connect via USB than Bluetooth at least in my Beemer...

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
You can play your music though the interface using Bluetooth for sure. Now if we can do the same with USB that would be great and only go toward improving the audio quality and consistency!!
Yep, that is what I mean. Play your iPhone music using the model 3s interface while plugged into the USB port not requiring Bluetooth. It recognizes the songs on your phone and indexes them. Then you can select them on the screen and play them over the USB interface.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this has been asked before put the specs show WiFi/LTE, I fly on Southwest every month and when I get on the plane it has a symbol for Wifi on board. Is the WiFi/LTE only for the operation of the car? This does not mean a WiFi hot spot correct? I thought this would be nice for long distance driving?

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this has been asked before put the specs show WiFi/LTE, I fly on Southwest every month and when I get on the plane it has a symbol for Wifi on board. Is the WiFi/LTE only for the operation of the car? This does not mean a WiFi hot spot correct? I thought this would be nice for long distance driving?
It means the Tesla will connect to your home WiFi when parked near your garage (preferred for large software updates) and connects to LTE on the road.
Every smartphone turns into a hotspot anyway, I never understood the want for that in a car. *Shrug*

tfederov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My first purchase for the Model 3 was a new iPhone case just due to how the phone is plugged in. I love, love, love my Pad & Quill wallet/phone case but in this situation it's not practical. I found a new wallet/phone case on Amazon for about $12 which holds the phone in the wallet with magnets and holds even more credit cards. Should be thin enough for the connecter to be fully seated too.

For anyone interested -

Pad&Quill case - http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-iphone/cases-for-iphone7-plus/bella-fino-for-iphone-7-plus.html
"Tesla" case (mine is black) - http://www.jeepstoreusa.com/jeep-pa...ase-for-iPhone-7-Plus-7S-Plus-Blue/B01M0S3T7E

Edit: Tried to give a direct link to the Amazon site but it came up as a Amazon pic pointing to the main site.

Country
Country
Where are we on this?

As I understand it, you can charge your iPhone from the Model 3, but you can't stream via bluetooth or via the usb port.

Has Tesla announced if this will be fixed in a software update? I steam audio all the time in my car right now, and not from the Music app on the iPhone.

smak

Country
Country
I would love for one of the new owners to see if they can plug in a Qi charging pad, and see if their phone can charge that way without jostling around.