Model 3 BETA (RCs) Watch Thread

plankeye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Doesn't appear to be the same silver, at least from this one pic. Hopefully we'll get more.

The prototype silver always appeared to look more like stainless steel or something. Not quite as blue as this silver. Obviously can be the less than high-quality pic too.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the shadows and quality of the photo it is very hard to say much. 9 years with a silver car, 10 by the time I get my 3, is enough. Blue still number one on the RC parade for me so far. Looking for a darker grey or green.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
With the shadows and quality of the photo it is very hard to say much. 9 years with a silver car, 10 by the time I get my 3, is enough. Blue still number one on the RC parade for me so far. Looking for a darker grey or green.
@Daliman,

The Midnight Silver Metallic is a very dark grey with Silver Flake in it. Looks amazing. Do you like that shade? Plenty of S's and X's you can check out with that paint.

Ski

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Doesn't appear to be the same silver, at least from this one pic. Hopefully we'll get more.

The prototype silver always appeared to look more like stainless steel or something. Not quite as blue as this silver. Obviously can be the less than high-quality pic too.
I'd venture to say it is the same (Silver color) as the alpha yet looking different because of the way the light appears on it on this pic...
Ok... like @Skione65 it seems, dying to see my favourite Midnight Silver already...!! o_O

By the way, excellent look & confirmation on the all (heavily tinted) glass roof... beautiful with the Silver I must concede... :)

Last edited:

Demetre

Country
Country
@Daliman,

The Midnight Silver Metallic is a very dark grey with Silver Flake in it. Looks amazing. Do you like that shade? Plenty of S's and X's you can check out with that paint.

Ski
I, too, am leaning towards that color. I also plan to upgrade the rims and will probably do the daker grey or black if it is available. Which do you think would look better? Any opinions?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd venture to say it is the same as the alpha yet looking different because of the way the light appears on it on this pic...
Ok... like @Skione65 it seems, dying to see my favourite Midnight Silver already...!! o_O

By the way, excellent look & confirmation on the all (heavily tinted) glass roof... beautiful with the Silver I must concede... :)
It's not the alpha car. This one has the autopilot cameras, ultrasonic sensors and the red tint found on the glass roof.

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This definitely NOT the same silver as the Alpha. Looks almost identical to the Model S silver. I'm nearly certain that what's on the Alpha is what we refer to in the wheel industry as Hyper Silver. It's a rather trick finish that uses an extremely bright silver top coat that is very slightly translucent and is sprayed over a black base. This is what produces the high contrast difference between the bright edges and curves and the darker recessed surfaces. It's notoriously difficult to keep consistent on something as small as a wheel and I suspect that'swhy it's never been used as a body colour. I was really surprised - amazed and delighted in fact - to see it on the Alpha. But really would have have been more surprised to see it make it to production.
Me thinks I'm a gonna stick with Midnight Silver.
Can't wait to see that in the flesh... Or at least in real images!

Last edited:

plankeye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This definitely NOT the same silver as the Alpha. Looks almost identical to the Model S silver. I'm nearly certain that what's on the Alpha is what we refer to in the wheel industry as Hyper Silver. It's a rather trick finish that uses an extremely bright silver top coat that is very slightly translucent and is sprayed over a black base. This is what produces the high contrast difference between the bright edges and curves and the darker recessed surfaces. It's notoriously difficult to keep consistent on something as small as a wheel and I suspect that'swhy it's never been used as a body colour. I was really surprised - amazed and delighted in fact - to see it on the Alpha. But really would have have been more surprised to see it make it to production.
Me thinks I'm a gonna stick with Midnight Silver.
Can't wait to see that in the flesh... Or at least in real images!
:(:(:(:(

Country
Country
Okay, blue & silver are my top two right now despite the fact that it's not the alpha silver. Not sure how else to describe it but white looks too heavy on the Model 3 (at least in the pictures), while silver looks more balanced showing off the shadows & highlights.

Wouldn't it be sweet though if they offered the alpha silver?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's not the alpha car. This one has the autopilot cameras, ultrasonic sensors and the red tint found on the glass roof.
I think he meant the same silver paint color
(but I've not gotten to the bottom of the thread, so may be looking like an idiot because someone else said that, or to the contrary ;) )