Model 3 BETA (RCs) Watch Thread

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm still holding on to hope there is a HUD. He again stated there is one screen, but one could argue that a HUD is not a screen. Just saying....
I've said it before though, temper expectations given the desire to ramp up ASAP. They have to keep some features for future iterations, they don't want Model X type delays again.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I think there will be a lot of disappointment with many in these early cars. We have all convinced ourselves the there will be features when indeed there may not. Let's try to look at the car for what it IS not for what it isn't.

Dan

InElonWeTrust

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've said it before though, temper expectations given the desire to ramp up ASAP. They have to keep some features for future iterations, they don't want Model X type delays again.
Agreed, but it is so hard though. I'm all in with or without the HUD but really hopeful it will be there.

InElonWeTrust

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think there will be a lot of disappointment with many in these early cars. We have all convinced ourselves the there will be features when indeed there may not. Let's try to look at the car for what it IS not for what it isn't.

Dan
Great point, Dan! Let's appreciate it for the awesomeness it is, not for what we see as missing.

InElonWeTrust

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Kind of hard to tell but the nose does look a lot better. On another note, can we get Tesla a better smartphone?!?!?
I'm sure it was done intentionally. Want to still keep it somewhat a mystery, while showing the naysayers that production cars are being built, and production is moving along quite well. :)

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm excited and a tad disappointed - it's so weird to feel both at the same time.
What are the chances Elon is still trying to anti-sell Model 3, to keep selling S and X as long as he can? The central theme to all his tweets today points to Model S being the better car.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
That's my point. Even though Elon never said there would be a HUD, he still didn't deny it when people were convincing themselves there would be one. If you know that's becoming the expectation, just nip it in the bud and say NO HUD PEOPLE.
So you're going to blame Elon for your decision to convince yourself of something that wasn't there? Sounds pretty thin to me. Let's try to focus on what the car IS instead of what it ISN'T.

Dan

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So you're going to blame Elon for your decision to convince yourself of something that wasn't there? Sounds pretty thin to me. Let's try to focus on what the car IS instead of what it ISN'T.

Dan
he also didn't promise it would come with a new puppy in the back seat, but that's what I fully expect to see when I go to pick mine up (I hope it's car potty trained....)

TE3LA

Country
Country
Its hard for me to have any disappointment looking at the video of this release candidate! I am getting suuuper excited!!!

Yes, I also would love an awesome AR HUD, but it needs to be done right or not at all. The short production ramp on this was probably just too prohibitive to get it in V1. Hey...it gives us something to look forward to. ;-)

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Zowee!! Worked all morning without checking anything and open up this fount of information at lunch. More excited than I have been since the reveal. So great to see the real car rolling down the street.

I am much happier with the front end, the dip in the nose that always bothered me is gone. I like the overall look better. I can't see the display or trunk well enough on my phone to spot anything.

HUD, I think what he said means no for now but those comments were less clear than the no dual motor or right hand drive comments until next year. An optimist would say this means they are closer to full autonomy but I don't want to guess today I just want to smile. SES 10 flying on a reused booster and seeing the first production Model 3 in the same week!!!!!

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
On a different topic, I am really excited about the apparent adjustments to the front end and headlights...and I didn't mind the front end from the first reveal!

Dan
Apparently I missed something obvious with the headlights. Anyone else catch what changed there?