Model 3 BETA (RCs) Watch Thread

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
White with Aeros... does it make the UWCs look more acceptable? ;)
I think white with the aero wheels looks decent. Probably going to end up with this configuration. But, damn—that front fascia looks terrible with all those bugs. Will have to keep a spray bottle with Optimum No Rinse and a micro fiber towel in the frunk. :openmouth:

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
For those who do like blue... right, @Dan Detweiler ? ;)

Yeah, that's my color for sure. I just need to see it with a lighter interior...either bright white or the cream. Also, I really wish the aero wheels came in a lighter color, but I'll just get the upgraded wheels if that isn't available when it's time to configure.

Dan

Idur

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Mentioned on the Local meetups thread by @Dennis van der Pool :
[...]

Btw. Somebody spotted a Tesla Model 3 in The Netherlands. It's even registered with the RDW: https://ovi.rdw.nl/
PS-572-H
It is to be expected, as Tesla gets its cars approved for EU roads in The Netherlands. Some things that strike me in the RDW info:
  • Catalogusprijs € 84203 (price based on info from the importer, includes VAT)
  • Massa ledig voertuig 1766 kg (empty vehicle mass)
That is an expensive car, I hope it isn't any indication of what a production car will cost in Europe. Maybe it costs this much because it is built completely in the USA, rather than assembled in the EU in Tilburg, NL?

Also: it is heavy. I guess that's to be expected from a car that has a huge battery pack under the floor. On second thought, it is really light, considering battery mass.

Also, where was that picture taken? Should I keep my eyes open on my drive to work?

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize if there's a more appropriate thread. A Model 3 was spotted in Brandon (Suburb of Tampa, FL) Sales/Service Center. Someone in my Tesla Florida FB Group posted the pics below. He said he was specifically asked to not share or take pictures of the VIN. Hopefully this is more evidence that employee cars are being delivered on the East coast.
21762400_10102522353869549_2300796208258676610_o-jpg.3386
21762596_10102522353789709_7407047017718222372_o-jpg.3387
21765578_10102522354104079_7142347548367665600_o-jpg.3388
21762695_10102522354403479_3917810801485869829_o-jpg.3390
21768720_10102522354573139_5312720060608069203_o-jpg.3391
21762515_10102522354707869_565447369409900562_o-jpg.3392

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize if there's a more appropriate thread. A Model 3 was spotted in Brandon (Suburb of Tampa, FL) Sales/Service Center. Someone in my Tesla Florida FB Group posted the pics below. He said he was specifically asked to not share or take pictures of the VIN. Hopefully this is more evidence that employee cars are being delivered on the East coast.
I wish we knew the VIN. This car has a California manufacturer's plate on it. I would think that it's more likely an RC. There would be no need to ship the car to FL with a plate if it was just being delivered to an owner.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I wish we knew the VIN. This car has a California manufacturer's plate on it. I would think that it's more likely an RC. There would be no need to ship the car to FL with a plate if it was just being delivered to an owner.
Someone else in the group went after the first guy. His post is a little cryptic, but it sounds like the black one was preproduction, but there was a silver car delivered to the black car's driver today with VIN +/-120. Here's what he said:
"I did make it. I didn't look at the VIN on the black one. A silver one showed up right after you left. The one driving the black preproduction 3 received his new 3. At least it showed up today. The silver one, without being specific was less than 120 on the vin. They asked me not to share pictures of the silver one for fear that 50 people will immediately show up asking questions."

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
View attachment 3386 View attachment 3387 View attachment 3388 View attachment 3390 View attachment 3391 View attachment 3392
I just need to keep reminding myself that 4 hours is too far to drive.... :)

Pathung

Country
Country
Caught this red one in Santa Cruz yesterday - dirty, scratched up rear bumper, and funny little black and white marking tape over some panel gaps (see pics). This one's VIN was 5YJ3E1EA8HF000315 - it even had a sticker #315 on its back window. I followed this 3 in a parking lot, till the driver parked it and got out; he informed that he was an employee, and that pictures were okay, but not closeups of the interior; he then left the car to run his errands. I snapped a few pics, and what was surprising was that the car had a white interior - white seats, and dash deco trim. The other interior features were nothing out of the ordinary. Exterior-wise, just like the pictures we've seen online - this was my first sighting, and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed, as it seemed a bit bland-looking, especially the side profile. I'm ordering either blue or silver; I think that the silver will really pop.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Rear seat headrests look different than production models.
I'd wager a guess those tick marks going across body panels are because someone found the panels shifting after a few thousand miles?

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just started the trek home to south Florida from Lakeland Thursday afternoon and saw a black M3 in Bartow heading west. Couldn't make a uturn fast enough to catch up to it. Might be that same car posted above at the Tampa service center!

Bryan Baker

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I really, really don't want a black interior. So while I'm glad to see something else, this is disappointing because there's still so much black in the interior that it's really just a black interior w/ white accents. Especially those door panels--the stark white against the pitch black--eesh. It's like "Eddie Bauer Series feat. Garth Brooks Signature Interior." Tacky, which I quite enjoy when it's on purpose. Not so in this case.

View media item 494
I snapped a few pics, and what was surprising was that the car had a white interior - white seats, and dash deco trim. The other interior features were nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I went by there yesterday and drove directly around back without talking to anyone. VIN was 322. I asked a Tesla employee afterward about seeing the inside of the car, but he said no because it was a prototype that was being tested and was not the final production version of the car.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
OK, I'm going to be the ignorant a** hole that asks the really stupid question.

Why the big concern over VIN numbers? Do we know for a fact they are going in order? If you are trying to gauge the ramp up, why? I would much rather they take it slow and steady at first and make sure everything is right. They have given me a three month window that I should see my car and have given me no reason to doubt that it is accurate. And if they don't, ok I'll get it a bit later, no big deal.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Dan

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Why the big concern over VIN numbers? Do we know for a fact they are going in order?
No, but we assume so.
If you are trying to gauge the ramp up, why?
Because we're desperate enough for information that we spend a good portion of our lives on this website.

Bryan Baker

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
OK, I'm going to be the ignorant a** hole that asks the really stupid question.

Why the big concern over VIN numbers? Do we know for a fact they are going in order? If you are trying to gauge the ramp up, why? I would much rather they take it slow and steady at first and make sure everything is right. They have given me a three month window that I should see my car and have given me no reason to doubt that it is accurate. And if they don't, ok I'll get it a bit later, no big deal.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Dan
I think they're trying to estimate the total units produced in how much time in order to predict the upswing of the "s curve."

Snerruc

Country
Country
I went by there yesterday and drove directly around back without talking to anyone. VIN was 322. I asked a Tesla employee afterward about seeing the inside of the car, but he said no because it was a prototype that was being tested and was not the final production version of the car.
No, but we assume so.
Because we're desperate enough for information that we spend a good portion of our lives on this website.
Tesla does not go in vin order. They batch builds by color or equipment or whatever. Just because vin 200 has been reported does not mean they have built 200 cars. Likewise, a number may be delayed for some reason and they may have built vin 500 too. Also, even at this stage there is a pipeline they are beginning to fill. Seeing vin 200 by itself means little. On the other hand, if vin 2000 shows up, that might be an indicator, but not much by itself.