• Total voters

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m curious, does anyone think the car will ultimately have badging on the trunk?

Model 3 on the left

SR and LR (or something like that) on the right

Part of me thinks it’s possible that the car has no badging right now because they don’t want the general consumer knowing what it is just yet.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If they were planning on badging it, they would have given the sub-models real names. Nobody wants to see a "Short Range" badge on their trunk.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope...no badging, and I like it. A “T” logo is enough for this guy! No need to show off my range anxiety or how winter driving makes me nervous ;)
Yes I should have added, whether they add badges or not I was likely to remove anything beyond the “T” anyway :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hesitate to say never, but Franz did say he liked the bare look without the badges, for what that is worth...

Although, this (Tesla?) employee badged his with a little ☰ :)

I do hope (or will request) that I get one of the “Model 3” license plate frames though instead of the “Tesla” one.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m curious, does anyone think the car will ultimately have badging on the trunk?

Model 3 on the left

SR and LR (or something like that) on the right

Part of me thinks it’s possible that the car has no badging right now because they don’t want the general consumer knowing what it is just yet.
I was told by a Teala rep at the delivery event that Model 3 was not going to have any badging at all other than the Tesla logo. It was hinted that Model S and X would drop the badging in the future as well.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was told by a Teala rep at the delivery event that Model 3 was not going to have any badging at all other than the Tesla logo. It was hinted that Model S and X would drop the badging in the future as well.
But... but... but... how will anyone know that you've spent thousands of dollars more for a larger battery, AWD and/or Performance upgrades if they can't tell by looking at your car's badging? :) Personally, I prefer the anonymity of not flaunting what's underneath the body (no need to draw unwanted attention).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But... but... but... how will anyone know that you've spent thousands of dollars more for a larger battery, AWD and/or Performance upgrades if they can't tell by looking at your car's badging? :) Personally, I prefer the anonymity of not flaunting what's underneath the body (no need to draw unwanted attention).
This is a very true statement. After all what else is badging for?

In reality the car is for me and no one else so I really don’t care if anyone knows about my larger battery. They’ll find out when I step on the accelerator anyway ;)

I have always preferred the clean look by de-badging most of my cars. With my current car I didn’t care enough to de-badge so the world now knows that I sprung for the Limited trim line :)

Country
Country
I think removing all badging would be stupid... maybe for Tesla it’s not a big deal because they only have 3 cars.. 4th coming soon.. but as they grow they will need to add badging. I agree that removing the LR, SR, 70,85,etc was a good idea.

tfederov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla logo alone is fine by me. By itself it seems to say enough. In the past I've been okay with badges which came with the car with the exception of the dealer badges. Either they come off when I pick them up (those are the ones which seem to be stuck on) or I go to another dealership when they're the sticker type. I'm not getting any cuts for referrals by advertising their dealership so no thanks.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla logo alone is fine by me. By itself it seems to say enough. In the past I've been okay with badges which came with the car with the exception of the dealer badges. Either they come off when I pick them up (those are the ones which seem to be stuck on) or I go to another dealership when they're the sticker type. I'm not getting any cuts for referrals by advertising their dealership so no thanks.
I have never and would never buy a car with a dealer badge on it. I’m happy to not be buying a car from a dealer now!

Worse than the dealer badge is when the dealer drills the front plate bracket into the car just to put a front plate on the car advertising for them. Shame! To clarify we are not a front plate state :)

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why exactly? What will happen in the world if Teslas are just that, no model displayed?
Playing devil's advocate, people who see one on the street and aren't already familiar with the vehicle won't know who makes it or what it's called.

I don't know how much of an issue that really is.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really don't understand what you are saying... you think removing badges is stupid, but also a good idea? which is it?
I think he likes having the Tesla logo badge, but thought it was a good idea to get rid of the battery capacity badges.
His position on a model number badge is unclear. :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Playing devil's advocate, people who see one on the street and aren't already familiar with the vehicle won't know who makes it or what it's called.

I don't know how much of an issue that really is.
my current car has badges and people still ask me what it is and who makes it after verbally pronouncing "Pontiac Solstice"
(should add, same happens when I drive my Mercury Cougar... maybe I just like cars that not every other person drives... or people are too stupid to think. that could be too)