Model 3 back door p0rn

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Joaquin

Country
Country
I left my car today for PPF & tint, and there was another Model 3 having some kind of fix in the left rear window...

And I was able to catch this "p0rn" picture of the door private parts :)

door-jpg.8608

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Continuing your cute analogy, your picture is like trying to watch an adult cable channel that was scrambled where every now and then you THINK you may see an interesting part but the view is so fuzzy, you’re never sure!

When taking a spy shot in the future, try to use a HD camera with multiple lighting sources or sunlight and get professional post processing. I can’t make out if the black area is a reinforcement or just sound deadening and I see wires leading to something I assume is the window actuator but I can’t tell for sure. If the black area isn’t structural, I’m surprised there are no cross bars unless they’re covered.

Joaquin

Country
Country
When taking a spy shot in the future, try to use a HD camera with multiple lighting sources or sunlight and get professional post processing.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable :D

Shouldn't it be spelled "pr0n"? :D
Hopefully just using the number 0 instead of the letter o is enough to avoid weird search hits to this forum :confused:

Brett

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
your picture is like trying to watch an adult cable channel that was scrambled where every now and then you THINK you may see an interesting part but the view is so fuzzy, you’re never sure!
Realizing that I understood this reference (and have had that experience) made me feel old. Thanks :(

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will say it is nice that the window motor is mounted outside and accessible so it can easily be replaced. I've had to replace them on other cars and they are buried deep inside the door and several hours of work to get to.
I was expecting to see some kind of mechanical door release though, as is hidden in the Model X rear doors.

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will say it is nice that the window motor is mounted outside and accessible so it can easily be replaced. I've had to replace them on other cars and they are buried deep inside the door and several hours of work to get to.
I was expecting to see some kind of mechanical door release though, as is hidden in the Model X rear doors.
There is a mechanical release:
door-a-jpg.9038

George K

Country
Country
Is this the back door? If so then maybe a emergency release could be attached and used for when power is lost. I think Tesla made a big mistake not putting a mechanical release in back door. It is only a matter of time before a tragic accident will happen and someone is trapped in back seat and can not get out fast enough.

scoe

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Where was this? I'm curious cause my tint guy had malfunction with my back door during tinted that required him to buy a new part and install. My SC said they never heard of the issue. My car is at SC now for several issues and to check the door install. I'd love to contact the shop where this occurred and get more details on what happened.