Model 3 AWD Issues? (0-60 not as advertised)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

help_balance_thegrid_with_evdotenergy

James Oliver

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello,
I have a regular Model 3 AWD and I have been timing the 0-60 times at 5.1 seconds which is the exact time of the RWD.
Is it possible my dual motors are not working? AWD is supposed to do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.
Has anyone else noticed this with their dual motor?
Should I contact Tesla service?

Any help is appreciated.

James Oliver

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What is your testing methodology?
Honestly, I just time it with my iPhone but I was consistently getting 5.1 seconds with ~75% charge.
I found that quite suspicious that it matches the RWD model 0-60 time and wondered if my dual motors were not working.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Honestly, I just time it with my iPhone but I was consistently getting 5.1 seconds with ~75% charge.
I found that quite suspicious that it matches the RWD model 0-60 time and wondered if my dual motors were not working.
with a drag racing app on your phone? or just with the manual stopwatch on your phone?

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think you may need a better way to test, also have you ever heard the front motor work? (i.e. a low whine when driving in complete silence)

James Oliver

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That might be your answer, have you look at the other threads where people do some extensive testing around this?
Any ideas where I might find that testing? I tried searching but came up empty.. just curious if came across a link or something. If not no worries, I will keep searching.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any ideas where I might find that testing? I tried searching but came up empty.. just curious if came across a link or something. If not no worries, I will keep searching.

I remember reading a good thread a month or so ago, I'll look around and report back if I find it.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Reactions: dragonsurge

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just the normal stop watch on the phone.
That's fine to get a rough idea, but not accurate enough to show a problem. I'd suggest either taking the car to a dragstrip, or buying something like a dragy or vbox to get accurate data.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's fine to get a rough idea, but not accurate enough to show a problem. I'd suggest either taking the car to a dragstrip, or buying something like a dragy or vbox to get accurate data.
And even between the different systems, pleonasm have found they track speed differently. A vbox and a draggy will show different times when ran at the same time due to one starting from a dead stop and the other from rolling.

JMart

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Maybe you could find a RWD owner to do some testing against. You know, for science.

GMB3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Your reaction time, or your passenger's could be and probably is causing an error.

And, this is important, are you testing with the same environmental parameters as Tesla?

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.