Model 3 AWD Issues? (0-60 not as advertised)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello,
I have a regular Model 3 AWD and I have been timing the 0-60 times at 5.1 seconds which is the exact time of the RWD.
Is it possible my dual motors are not working? AWD is supposed to do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.
Has anyone else noticed this with their dual motor?
Should I contact Tesla service?

Any help is appreciated.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Honestly, I just time it with my iPhone but I was consistently getting 5.1 seconds with ~75% charge.
I found that quite suspicious that it matches the RWD model 0-60 time and wondered if my dual motors were not working.
with a drag racing app on your phone? or just with the manual stopwatch on your phone?

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think you may need a better way to test, also have you ever heard the front motor work? (i.e. a low whine when driving in complete silence)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That might be your answer, have you look at the other threads where people do some extensive testing around this?
Any ideas where I might find that testing? I tried searching but came up empty.. just curious if came across a link or something. If not no worries, I will keep searching.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any ideas where I might find that testing? I tried searching but came up empty.. just curious if came across a link or something. If not no worries, I will keep searching.
I remember reading a good thread a month or so ago, I'll look around and report back if I find it.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just the normal stop watch on the phone.
That's fine to get a rough idea, but not accurate enough to show a problem. I'd suggest either taking the car to a dragstrip, or buying something like a dragy or vbox to get accurate data.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's fine to get a rough idea, but not accurate enough to show a problem. I'd suggest either taking the car to a dragstrip, or buying something like a dragy or vbox to get accurate data.
And even between the different systems, pleonasm have found they track speed differently. A vbox and a draggy will show different times when ran at the same time due to one starting from a dead stop and the other from rolling.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your reaction time, or your passenger's could be and probably is causing an error.

And, this is important, are you testing with the same environmental parameters as Tesla?