Model 3 Audio Glitch

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So during my morning commute today I heard a very loud and startling "POP". At first I thought I hit something on the road, but I was paying attention at the time and never saw anything. Then my audio drastically changed sound. There was no sound coming from the driver side door anymore. I couldnt exactly tell if the passenger door had sound. My first thought was "well that speaker just blew out, nice now I have to schedule service". So I figured, why not try a car reset before I schedule service. Right when the screen went black I heard another pop (not as loud this time)...and when the car booted back up, the audio went back to normal.

Has anyone else ever experienced this??

Gatica

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So during my morning commute today I heard a very loud and startling "POP". At first I thought I hit something on the road, but I was paying attention at the time and never saw anything. Then my audio drastically changed sound. There was no sound coming from the driver side door anymore. I couldnt exactly tell if the passenger door had sound. My first thought was "well that speaker just blew out, nice now I have to schedule service". So I figured, why not try a car reset before I schedule service. Right when the screen went black I heard another pop (not as loud this time)...and when the car booted back up, the audio went back to normal.

I have had this happen to me a number of times on firmware 2019.28.2, sometimes the audio fixes itself and others times a reboot is required. Seems to happen less on firmware 2019.32 so far.

Dmb5450

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This happened to me as well, when it occurs people on the other end of phone calls can not hear me either. Resetting has fixed the issue both times.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve had music fade in and out randomly. No pops as of yet, thankfully. But don’t worry everyone. Hungry mode is coming instead of fixing existing bugs.

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve had music fade in and out randomly. No pops as of yet, thankfully. But don’t worry everyone. Hungry mode is coming instead of fixing existing bugs.
i agree. They really need to focus some resources on bug fixes. There seem to be quite a few known and very OLD bugs that havent been fixed.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i agree. They really need to focus some resources on bug fixes. There seem to be quite a few known and very OLD bugs that havent been fixed.
Yup. And now my usb music no longer continues to play after leaving the car for awhile. (Yes. I reported it. Several times.)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Just had this happen for first time. Center front speaker made loud pop while listening to music from spotify on phone. Then there was no sound from just that speaker, all others worked. Once we stopped we tried car reset, heard the pop again, and when it came back it was fine. We are on 2019.32.2.1. Have you had this happen again? Also, have you been to service center to get it checked? We're going soon so will bring it up then.