Model 3 Aftermarket Customization - Advice for a Novice?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Order placed at 10:03 AM PST on March 31, 2016 in Los Angeles. Delivery window of November - January.

I haven't yet even decided on a color for my Model 3, but all the pictures and discussions I've seen online have me thinking about aftermarket customization, about which I know nothing.

I know I want to tint my windows. I've heard things about "wrapping" both inside and out (would love to cover that glossy interior central panel). I've seen cars with 19" wheels that seem to have their shiny silver covered with a darker color. I've seen Tesla "T" logos on the front seemingly coated black. All of these things are interesting and appealing in their own right. The problem is, I don't even know what to call them, let alone how to investigate them for myself.

What are some aftermarket customizations you're planning or considering for your Model 3 (or ones you've already put on your Model S/X), and what info can you share about them that might help a novice like me plan ways to spruce up his shiny new Model 3? (What are the modifcations called? Where would I have something like that done? Things like that..)

Any info is appreciated. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thank you!

BobLoblaw

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Other than a clear protective film for rock chips (and maybe a CQuartz coating) I'm not planning on doing anything to the car. I've never been much of a fan of modifying high end cars - went through that phase in my 20s with Japanese cars, it ended up always costing me too much money and leaving me disappointed at the result after a short time. This car is just way too nice on it's own to mess with in my opinion. My major learning opportunity in those days (early 90's) came from a highly modified Mazda 323 GTX that would bark flame if you shifted it right, sounded like all 4 tires were being simultaneously slashed when you shifted it (blow off valve) and had the engine burst into flames (and destroy itself) once because the boost ran away on me...oh, and the transmission blew up the day I was delivering it to it's new owner. But I digress...

If you insist on doing stuff, I'd stick to parts from the major suppliers (Evannex, TSportline, etc) and go easy to begin with. As far as window tint any automotive tinting shop should be able to help you out. For darker wheels you could have the stockers painted, powder coated, or "Plasti-dipped". The latter is popular because it can be removed easily leaving the original finish intact. I'm sure given your location there are lots of places you could get it done, or do yourself if you're somewhat handy. The same places should be able to wrap the piano black interior pieces if you don't like them. There will also be lots of nice aftermarket wheels available in darker colors as well - and I suspect Tesla isn't done with their offerings.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Window tint, carbon fiber lug covers for the sport wheels, possible carbon fiber interior trim (want to see the wood in person first).

Really not much else, I love the car as is.

The only thing I don’t love is ride height, but I don’t think I’ll touch suspension.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Order placed at 10:03 AM PST on March 31, 2016 in Los Angeles. Delivery window of November - January.

I haven't yet even decided on a color for my Model 3, but all the pictures and discussions I've seen online have me thinking about aftermarket customization, about which I know nothing.

I know I want to tint my windows. I've heard things about "wrapping" both inside and out (would love to cover that glossy interior central panel). I've seen cars with 19" wheels that seem to have their shiny silver covered with a darker color. I've seen Tesla "T" logos on the front seemingly coated black. All of these things are interesting and appealing in their own right. The problem is, I don't even know what to call them, let alone how to investigate them for myself.

What are some aftermarket customizations you're planning or considering for your Model 3 (or ones you've already put on your Model S/X), and what info can you share about them that might help a novice like me plan ways to spruce up his shiny new Model 3? (What are the modifcations called? Where would I have something like that done? Things like that..)

Any info is appreciated. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thank you!
look thru these two threads. Lots of ideas of what has been discussed for customization, protection, accessories, etc.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/what-will-you-do-to-your-new-m3-after-delivery.4914/
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/what-model-3-accessories-would-you-like-to-see.4845/

oneshortguy

Country
Country
T Sportline generally has good service and they are local for you (in West Hollywood)! They tend to align their products for plug and play. For example, their wheels will fit your factory parts. Their cosmetic parts will go directly on to your factory bumpers and body too.