Model 3 Accidents

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
User anatari @ TMC reports that he was just involved in a major accident in his Model 3.
anatari said:
Was cruising along the i-90 tunnel in Seattle, WA on mercer island with my wife and 2 kids, when I hear some vehicles approach at high speed from behind. Then suddenly I hear a screeching sound from a car breaking hard, and then a car slams into my rear end - hard. I was going 65, so that vehicle must have been going significantly faster. From there I lose control of the car, and the car spins out of control, hitting the freeway divider wall all the way on the other side of the freeway 4 lanes across, and then bouncing back all the way back to the other side of the freeway and hitting that wall before coming to a stop.
Take a look at the picture. The trunk is gone. The front is smashed. But the cabin appears to be completely intact. This car should do very well in crash testing. I'm feeling really good about how safe this car is.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
User anatari @ TMC reports that he was just involved in a major accident in his Model 3.

Take a look at the picture. The trunk is gone. The front is smashed. But the cabin appears to be completely intact. This car should do very well in crash testing. I'm feeling really good about how safe this car is.

GD! That thing held up well. I am impressed and I know the wife will be happy we bought it from this perspective. Now if he had a dash cam going....

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
before reading the description, my first thought was "omg, that looks like seattle!" :( followed by "Should I put a second $1000 reservation in, 'just in case'?"
still looks strange to see that serious of a wreck and not puddles of fluid running away from the car.

is avatari here as well? that username isn't listed, but maybe under something else? I hope you and the child seat occupant are doing well considering.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
It always amazes me how well the crumple zones on Teslas work compared to some other cars on the market. The advantages of their "skateboard" design is always apparent in accidents whether it's rear/frontal or a side impact.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
before reading the description, my first thought was "omg, that looks like seattle!" :( followed by "Should I put a second $1000 reservation in, 'just in case'?"
still looks strange to see that serious of a wreck and not puddles of fluid running away from the car.

is avatari here as well? that username isn't listed, but maybe under something else? I hope you and the child seat occupant are doing well considering.
That is why I held onto my other reservation so long. The thought of waiting at least a year for another one was awful. But then thought better of it

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This and YouYou's crumpled 3s have given my indigestion this week. Please folks, spend $40 on a dash cam.
I’m on the fence back and forth on this one. I don’t want something big and bulky that I’m going to see which keeps leading me back to Blackvue.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the DDPia in my solstice and for the price, it is great (read ‘fine/ok’).
My favorite thing about it is it come with a little remote button to save a snapshot. Mine hangs from my turn signal lever and have used it essentially as a bookmark to be able to later remember at what time something happened and find that video or snap a pix of something/someone. (That’s the thing with the orange tag in the listing pix)
It does have Wi-Fi, but no Cloud, so if you want to pull a video, you have to go into your phone, select the cameras Wi-Fi network, open the app, scroll to find the time (in a video scrubber style timeframe that is pretty ******), go to the start of the time and choose to download, play thru the time you want, choose stop point then it will begin to save video clip to app, THEN from app library, you can choose to save to phone or upload. It is faster to pop the card out and take it inside.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m on the fence back and forth on this one. I don’t want something big and bulky that I’m going to see which keeps leading me back to Blackvue.
My dash cams are half the size of the blackvues and a quarter the cost. In fact my front one is placed behind/right of the mirror and I can't see it at all.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have an Anker Roav C1 up front and an older but tiny Mini 0903 Nano Q in the back, and a Roav A1 sitting in the basement. Aukey and Yi also have excellent inexpensive options. Prices vary constantly with them on Amazon etc.
Thanks!!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still love my el cheapo I got from WalMart that I posted the install process. Took the card out today to check video and is working great.​
I don't think they sell yours anymore and if I recall it has a screen on it, right? I'm trying to go with something very small if possible.