Model ≡ Reservations by country?

Any figures available showing how many Uk reservations were put down on the model 3; am I the only one?
Can you put one of your polls on the site?

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
Hi Tesla has not released and geo-specific reservation numbers, so sorry we can't even speculate. I am 100% sure you are not the only one as we get many emails from UK reservationists! Trevor could put a poll but with a couple thousand members on this Forum, it won't be anywhere accurate.

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Tesla has not released and geo-specific reservation numbers, so sorry we can't even speculate. I am 100% sure you are not the only one as we get many emails from UK reservationists! Trevor could put a poll but with a couple thousand members on this Forum, it won't be anywhere accurate.
I found this lovely list provided by Tesla. Of course it has likely grown but it helps a lot!

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/foru...vations-countries-tesla-model-3-source-google

melinda.v | May 7, 2016
the good part from the article:
US: 255,760
China: 14,156
Canada: 36,764
Germany: 19,706
UK: 11,460
Netherlands: 10,685
Australia: 7,109
Sweden: 7,064
France: 7,009
Switzerland: 5,779
Norway: 4,834
Italy: 4,685
Spain: 3,111
Mexico: 1,430
Japan: 1,424
Portugal: 744
Ireland: 522
Noted data lower than expected: China, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the list I had not seen any real figures before. Proud Canada is third. Something to inlcude in a petition.

Edit: read the source of the data, certainly not official but at least a reasonable method for North America and Europe.

Last edited:

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
I found this lovely list provided by Tesla. Of course it has likely grown but it helps a lot!

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/foru...vations-countries-tesla-model-3-source-google

melinda.v | May 7, 2016

Hi thanks for this but I believe this is just estimates from 3rd party sources, not Tesla direct. I don't think Tesla has released any data on this directly.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

melinda.v | May 7, 2016

Hi thanks for this but I believe this is just estimates from 3rd party sources, not Tesla direct. I don't think Tesla has released any data on this directly.
Correct Kenneth - these came from Google out of Spain and their estimations based on crazy Google magic of knowing what we all are looking at and what web addresses we go to (explains the iffy information on China)

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
Correct Kenneth - these came from Google out of Spain and their estimations based on crazy Google magic of knowing what we all are looking at and what web addresses we go to (explains the iffy information on China)
Thanks MelindaV, so as I guessed - link bait to get clicks. We need to be careful what we read and that is why Trevor and I are careful on what to report on and sources.

Thanks for letting us know about this "google magic" site.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks MelindaV, so as I guessed - link bait to get clicks. We need to be careful what we read and that is why Trevor and I are careful on what to report on and sources.

Thanks for letting us know about this "google magic" site.
not click bait - the link @InElonWeTrust posted was to Tesla's forum where the country counts were posted last may... did you follow thru the links?

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
not click bait - the link @InElonWeTrust posted was to Tesla's forum where the country counts were posted last may... did you follow thru the links?
Hi I must have. However my point it that people throw up information that they know will get hits (like anything Model 3 subject related) without really checking facts, or just offering it up to guess. That's ok as long as it is clearly stated as a guesstimate. What burns me is info that kinda looks to be based on facts but is not.

Jayc

Country
Country
Actually I have to agree with @Kennethbokor that unless those sort of information appears in Tesla's official news blog or Elon tweets/refers to them, it is more likely to be third-part information. And at least in my book, information with no guarantee of accuracy is no information at all. But of course no harm discussing it here so long as we are clear this is unverified data.

Also, I was recently invited to the opening of a new Tesla service center (just two miles from where I stay :) ) and had the opportunity to chat with the Tesla northern regional head in the UK and he told me that they have been asked specifically not to release the country-wise breakdown of Model 3 orders as they consider it sensitive and internal i.e. confidential business information. Not asking you to believe all this but just giving some background to my claim.

Last edited:

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would have estimated the California Existing Owner Reservations to be less than 10,000.
500,000 x 57% US (based on 2016 Model S sales) x 6% existing owners (given on a conference call or tweet by Tesla) x California share of all US Tesla owners 45% = 7,695.

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any figures available showing how many Uk reservations were put down on the model 3; am I the only one?
Can you put one of your polls on the site?
Model3tracker web site has over 10,000 model 3 reservationists who have created a profile of their details, city state/province country. The info is voluntary and may not be accurate but it does represent a 2% sample of the roughly 500,000 reservations. Britian is roughly 3% of the crowd source which would equate to around 15,000 model3s