Model ≡ Insurance in France

FredW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Impossible de joindre InsureMyTesla (on m'a donné un autre numéro qui est 0978978040) et le formulaire sur le site Tesla est inerte (les listes pop-up ne sont pas actives).
J'ai donc fait un mail (l’adresse est sur la page du formulaire) pour tenter de profiter de la promotion de fin d'année dont parlait Pascal, qui semble, avant épluchage des garanties, la mieux plaçée...

Samsaggace

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Impossible de joindre InsureMyTesla (on m'a donné un autre numéro qui est 0978978040) et le formulaire sur le site Tesla est inerte (les listes pop-up ne sont pas actives).
J'ai donc fait un mail (l’adresse est sur la page du formulaire) pour tenter de profiter de la promotion de fin d'année dont parlait Pascal, qui semble, avant épluchage des garanties, la mieux plaçée...
Je pense que la période est mal choisie pour avoir les personnes adéquates.
Pour ma part, je compte bien reprendre le sujet en Janvier en tentant de clarifier les relations d’Allianz et de ses courtiers car j’en suis au deuxième courtier Allianz qui me propose un tarif plus intéressant que la maison-mère. Après Prestige Assurance, c’est CM Prestige

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can't we know from the database what is the engine rating of the car (for insurance)?
The base for insurance and road tax differs for each country.
In The Netherlands the base for road tax is energy source and weight, for insurance it's the new price.
But I suppose that you should be able to find all ratings in the database.

Reed_10

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The base for insurance and road tax differs for each country.
In The Netherlands the base for road tax is energy source and weight, for insurance it's the new price.
But I suppose that you should be able to find all ratings in the database.
In france, the insurance companies ask for the engine rating.
But I can't seem to find any infos about it ine the database :s
Anyone has an Idea please ?

Samsaggace

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Marmut said 9cv for Long Range and 10cv for Long Range Dual Motor.
But when I search on internet, I found from 0cv to 10cv…
There is nothing official in France.
I am not sure that the European certification process (ended on Jan. 18th) includes the test to provide correct data to determine French rated horsepower of the vehicles (LR AWD and Performance). In such case, a French test should be necessary for that purpose.
@Reed_10 To be precise it's not "engine rating" but "vehicle rating" as the test is performed with the entire vehicle loaded at its maximum level.

JulienParis86

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is nothing official in France.
I am not sure that the European certification process (ended on Jan. 18th) includes the test to provide correct data to determine French rated horsepower of the vehicles (LR AWD and Performance). In such case, a French test should be necessary for that purpose.
@Reed_10 To be precise it's not "engine rating" but "vehicle rating" as the test is performed with the entire vehicle loaded at its maximum level.
In reality, if you use the official formula (QCO² / 45) + (P / 40) * 1,6, you have 10cv for Long Range Dual Motor :

(0 / 45) + ((351*0,736) / 40) * 1,6 = 10 cv

Reed_10

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In reality, if you use the official formula (QCO² / 45) + (P / 40) * 1,6, you have 10cv for Long Range Dual Motor :

I don't thing this formula works for electric cars, as The tesla Model S 2017 P100D has 10cv. Abd the 2017 75R has 4cv.
They both have way more horsepower than the LR-AWD Model 3

Samsaggace

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry sir, that's wrong computation
As explained above P in such formula is not at all "engine power".
@Reed_10 Formula is correct, even for EV, but P differs.
As explained here https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jo_pdf.do?id=JPDF1501197500000638&pageCourante=00638 (in French), P for EV is the electric power necessary to maintain the car at maximum speed (following manufacturer data) during half an hour (simple, isn't it ?)

JulienParis86

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As explained here https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jo_pdf.do?id=JPDF1501197500000638&pageCourante=00638 (in French), P for EV is the electric power necessary to maintain the car at maximum speed (following manufacturer data) during half an hour (simple, isn't it ?)
Does this text haven’t been reviewed in 1998 when the formula had changed ?

So we have to wait for the official information in the next weeks...

Reed_10

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But my point is since the 100D has way more KWh( and horsepower and torc) and has 9cv, it is unlikely that the model 3 LR AWD gets the same rating. My guess would be something between 4cv and 7cv

Samsaggace

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Reed_10 For me, it’s very difficult to predict by simple comparison.
Model S 70D, 85D, 90D, P85D, P90D are 2CV.
Model S 75D, 100D are 9CV.
It mostly depends on max speed given by Tesla.