Model ≡ in the Netherlands

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks @Michael Russo , although it's 'old' news. The decision to abolish new ICE cars in 2035 was coupled to increase of road tax for ICE cars year by year. Major cities are banning older diesel cars already from their centres and plan to ban ICE cars completely by 2030.
Realistic expectations are that ICE cars will loose their sale position by 2025 (maybe even by 2020), because the general public will see that their second hand value will drop to zero by 2030.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks @Michael Russo , although it's 'old' news. The decision to abolish new ICE cars in 2035 was coupled to increase of road tax for ICE cars year by year. Major cities are banning older diesel cars already from their centres and plan to ban ICE cars completely by 2030.
Realistic expectations are that ICE cars will loose their sale position by 2025 (maybe even by 2020), because the general public will see that their second hand value will drop to zero by 2030.
Ok, @MichelT3 , good to know. I'm never sure with the internet what is old and what is new, yet I try to make a difference as much as feasible and make sure to share what may be of interest to some or all!
Have a nice evening!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@MichelT3 and other Dutch friends... check this out, from my brief visit to Rotterdam yesterday straight to the Twittersphere... via Teslarati! ;)

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@MichelT3 and other Dutch friends... check this out, from my brief visit to Rotterdam yesterday straight to the Twittersphere... via Teslarati! ;)
Hi Michael. That's a nice store and service centre. I have never been there yet. Nearest to me is in Duiven, near Arnhem along the A12 motorway. Tesla is really integrated in my country.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Every effort should be applauded. Even though Eneco isn't a renewable energy company. It's just an energy company, providing with a mix; mostly fossil, partly quasi green, partly really renewable.
15 % less than what?
Rather empty action in my opinion.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's even without any Model3 here yet...!

Sadly the reason is tax-stimulated. From January 1, 2019 the income tax for expensive (> € 50k) BEV's will increase significantly.
And yes, that will also have consequences for Model 3.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Iemand hier al een uitnodiging gekregen om een Model 3 in Nederland te komen bekijken?
Of moeten we daarvoor naar Brussel of Düsseldorf?

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model 3 komt ook naar Nederland!
  • 16 november - EDIT 30 november in A'dam (PC Hooftstraat)
  • 16 november - 22 november in Rotterdam
  • 24 november - 1 december in Duiven
  • EDIT 3 - 11 december in Groningen
Zie Tesla website

Last edited:
P

Peter Stringa

No, I don't claim to know better how many passenger cars in the Netherlands have tow hitches. I just can't believe that many more people use them today compared to back then since tow hitches are not a "new" thing unlike EVs. Btw. I worked in the Netherlands for 9 months in 1999 and 3 weeks in 2000, so it was not a brief visit.

What are your sources? Here's mine: https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/255300/umfrage/anteil-der-pkw-mit-anhaengerkupplung/

Yes, Tesla sells well in the Netherlands. Even better in Norway. You also have much better incentives and your government takes EVs much more serious.
Also there is much less fossil passenger car production in the Netherlands hence less of a lobby working against EVs unlike Germany.

However, once prices go down and there are more options, buyers in Germany will start to realize the advantages of EVs, there is potentially a much bigger market. Can we agree on that?
Just a sidenote. To my knowledge as a Dutch former public servant and political interessee, The Netherlands don't have incentives / tax credits or subsidies for EV's at the moment for private persons

Last edited by a moderator:

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just a sidenote. To my knowledge as a Dutch former public servant and political interessee, The Netherlands don't have incentives / tax credits or subsidies for EV's at the moment
Well, we do. Not subsidies, but we pay less tax for an EV. Less No ownership (road) tax and less income tax, than we would for an equally priced ICE-car.

EDIT, I had even forgotten: No car acquiring tax. And tax reduction for corporations.

Last edited:
P

Peter Stringa

Well, we do. Not subsidies, but we pay less tax for an EV. Less ownership tax and less income tax, than we would for an equally priced ICE-car.
I don't know about less income tax as a private person, nor ownership taxes but you are right about roadtaxes. The last you don't have to pay or at least lower taxes at that point, at the moment at least. Will stop in 2021, though. If you know for sure about the other taxes, please mention those in Dutch.

Country
Country
Model 3 komt ook naar Nederland!
  • 16 november - EDIT 30 november in A'dam (PC Hooftstraat)
  • 16 november - 22 november in Rotterdam
  • 24 november - 1 december in Duiven
  • EDIT 3 - 11 december in Groningen
Zie Tesla website
How soon did you get your license plate numbers (NL)? I have paid last thursday and have already a VIN for a week.
Would appreciate to get an anser soon.

gtx. and regards Abraham

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How soon did you get your license plate numbers (NL)? I have paid last thursday and have already a VIN for a week.
Would appreciate to get an anser soon.

gtx. and regards Abraham
I didn't get my licence plate till the day before delivery. That's not very important though, because for your (temporary) insurance you only need the last 4 digits of the VIN number (=meldcode). Secure your permanent insurance two days after getting your car, to give the RDW time to register your car. By that time you'll know your licence plate of course.
Hope you got your car by now.