Model ≡ Becomes Model 3??

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
1/27 am update (EU time):
- No change for Tesla Model 3 News Twitter poll: 57% voted Model ≡ (now 786 votes) - 73% for ≡, with 16% who chose both...
- and... on Elektrek poll, even closer to 79% of almost 10k people prefer Model ≡
These results seems pretty anchored now...

Bring back our Model ≡!! ;)[/QUOTE]

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I doubt you'll have any influence @Michael Russo, whatever the outcome. This change was done with a distinct purpose. Tesla probably had no choice.
And it probably was also done on purpose now, before exciting developments will make us and general public forget about it.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I doubt you'll have any influence @Michael Russo, whatever the outcome. This change was done with a distinct purpose. Tesla probably had no choice.
And it probably was also done on purpose now, before exciting developments will make us and general public forget about it.
LOL, @MichelT3 ...! I know, I know... Though I sometimes refer to my optimism as bordering on naivety, I still keep my feet on the ground... ;)
Truth is, though it is unlikely, particularly if potentially expensive legal proceedings are in play), Elektrek implied they have kept their options open with regards to both. While the chance is slim, one could surmise, in case of overwhelming support for Model ≡ (which seems to be case), that a reversal is still theoretically possible...
Otherwise, know a lot of us will go for the Evannex retrofitted badge for sure! :cool:
Have a great day!

Tom Bodera

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Really like the Three line logo and disappointed that Tesla changed it to the "3". Guessing Ford lawyers did their thing again.

I need someone to pump out replacement badges for the cars so I can replace mine with what it should have been. Would be nice to be an option when you buy the car. lol.

Tom

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Trev....I see some 'factory second' "Discounted" t-shirt sales coming!!!!:)or if youre the 'Ingenious Entrepreneur' just market them as "Rare-Collectors Items" and "Triple" their price!!!!!:D

I posted this on TMC.....so if you've read this already apologies!

Don't like it......here's the reference....electreks poll is 77% to keep the three horizontal lines....I agree wholeheartedly.

https://electrek.co/2017/01/25/tesla-model-3-branding-logo/

The three horizontal lines are much more "cutting edge" and futuristic which is what Tesla is all about. The "3" just reminds me of the Mazda 3 and such o_O. Seriously???

I hope it's not permanent.

Ski
My coffee mugs and shirt are a collectors Items? In 20 years I can tell the grandkids the story of the almost E that morphed to 3.

TheTeslaFan

Country
Country
I'd be really tempted to replace with ≡ on mine. I hardly see the resemblance to Fords E, but maybe Tesla just wants to avoid any expensive litigation or delay in product release. I think the initial emblem will hold close to all the hearts of the original fan base. It also strikes me odd if they're going to give it up entirely that there's a new promo video that recently surfaced in a few showrooms and is still showcasing the original ≡. I hope they still use it on the car.

This doesn't look like Tesla's "≡" at all...
http://images.hgmsites.net/med/ford-focus_100463138_m.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
(...)I need someone to pump out replacement badges for the cars so I can replace mine with what it should have been. Would be nice to be an option when you buy the car. lol. Tom
I think Evannex will take that up!... found in another thread.
Folks, check out post #20 from Master Trev... ;)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
1/27 midnight (EU time) - last tally:
- Frozen final score for Tesla Model 3 News Twitter poll ((817 votes):
57% for Model ≡, up to 73% for with 16% who can deal with both...
- Elektrek poll, ~79% (of 10.1k votes) choosing Model ≡

Looks like results won't change much from here on...
Back to you, ≡LON... ≡ is the winner!! :D

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I preferred it to have stayed the bars-symbol 3.
But if it becomes officially the numeral 3, that's what it's going to be for me.
By the time I'll get mine it will have been the official production name for more than a year. Why go back to a pre-production symbol, that was only used for a few Alfa-cars?
Retrofitting for me will appear to say: "See, I know better than Tesla how they should have called this car.".

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
(..)
Retrofitting for me will appear to say: "See, I know better than Tesla how they should have called this car.".
@MichelT3 , I beg to differ... for me, it would be like making a statement like this: "See, I know how T≡SLA. and most buyers..., really wanted to call this car, yet decided not to in order to save money unnecessarily spent fighting Ford'... :D

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Michael Russo wasn't it: "See, this is a Tesla Model E! I know how Tesla really wanted to call this car, were it not for Ford..."?
The three bars were halfway between E and 3.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
(...) The three bars were halfway between E and 3.
Sure... and that was the beauty of it... :) Neither E or 3... and a little bit of both... :cool:
That way every one could read into it whatever they want...
As somebody stated earlier, Model 3 has a bit too much of a 'Mazda 3' tone to it, however good that hatchback is for those who like us who have not made the choice of BEVs yet...

But, oh well, as you reminded us... I (we!) will have little to no influence in the final outcome, so... 'Che sera, sera', 'what will be, will be...'
The car with either badge will be fan-TASTIC!! :)