Model ≡ Becomes Model 3??

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not worried about it. I think optically it helps the unwashed masses know how to pronounce the car. Tesla had their fun with SEX but it's time to move on I guess.

Gonna have to redesign a few shirts :)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Wait for the shirts... being polled as we 'speak' :)
Let's see where this will end up in less than 47 hours... ;)
- Update after almost 1 hr.: 58% for Model ≡ (n = 210)

Last edited:

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not worried about it. I think optically it helps the unwashed masses know how to pronounce the car. Tesla had their fun with SEX but it's time to move on I guess.

Gonna have to redesign a few shirts :)
You were the first one I thought about when I got the tweet. Then of course my selfish self and how I really love the old style. Maybe if enough reservation holders voice objection - he'll change it back? Luckily, he does listen to his millions of followers.

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Tesla changes the branding of the Model 3 to remove the ‘3 lines’ logo on its website

That sucks.

Make mine Model ☰.

I seem to remember Mitsubishi had no problem marketing the Sigma with an '' (U+1D6BA) emblem on the back.

The trademark for 'three stylized horizontal lines' that Tesla applied for was distinctly different from the 'E' in their logo. The lines were thinner, flatter, closer together, perhaps a little wider proportionally as well. More like the mathematical symbol for 'IDENTICAL TO' (≡ [U+2261]) than the Trigram for 'HEAVEN' (☰ [U+2630]).

Ford can EAT IT!

[NOTE: By the way, I did find it strange I was unable to post either of two emblems for Sigma here...]

Last edited:

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I love all things Tesla but
Update 4:40 pm EST: Still 58% in favor of Model ≡, with 249 votes in... ;)
I would have thought it would be higher. It will be interesting to see how it changes. Just wondering how many people are on this great site? Just as a way of gauging the potential response rate.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Trev....I see some 'factory second' "Discounted" t-shirt sales coming!!!!:)or if youre the 'Ingenious Entrepreneur' just market them as "Rare-Collectors Items" and "Triple" their price!!!!!:D

I posted this on TMC.....so if you've read this already apologies!

Don't like it......here's the reference....electreks poll is 77% to keep the three horizontal lines....I agree wholeheartedly.

https://electrek.co/2017/01/25/tesla-model-3-branding-logo/

The three horizontal lines are much more "cutting edge" and futuristic which is what Tesla is all about. The "3" just reminds me of the Mazda 3 and such o_O. Seriously???

I hope it's not permanent.

Ski

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm going to keep the shirts as-is for now and make some alternatives with the 3 instead and see what happens.

As for the logo on the car, some enterprising soul will surely come up with an emblem retrofit :) That will be $1million for the idea please :)

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've added most of the products in our shop with the "3" logo in case anyone wants them. 3 bars versions still there so don't worry! I know everyone prefers the 3 bars so they're not going anywhere!

@gravityrydr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really liked the ☰ and I will likely replace the 3 logo with a ☰ version as soon as I can make or buy one. I understand that for Ford it’s just business and trademarks have to be strongly defended or you lose them but this annoys me. The first car I owned that I truly enjoyed for its own sake was a 1969 Ford Mustang. My current car is a Mazda 3 my second favorite car. I am glad I will be continuing the line of 3s.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
1/26 am update (EU time):
- 57% for Model ≡ (628 votes) yet 73% favorable to keep ≡ if you add those who chose both
- even more relevant (>7,500 votes!), the Elektrek poll has Model ≡ still chosen @ >78%!!
Go Model ≡!! :)

Attachments

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
1/26 evening update (EU time):
- No change for the Tesla Model 3 News Twitter poll: 57% voted Model ≡ (747 votes) number increased to 73% with the 16% who chose both...
- and... almost 79% prefer staying with Model ≡ (>9,500 votes!), according to the Elektrek poll!!
Bring back our Model ≡!! ;)