Mobile Service is great (cool pics within)!

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know it was part of the process, but seeing the dash off like that is painful! Almost cringe worthy! :p
I'm glad you got that taken care of, and definitely thank you for sharing the story and pictures! I think I mentioned this but because of your picture I specifically looked at the glovebox during my delivery! :)

Somewhat related: Just got an email from Tesla yesterday afternoon about coming to get my car and fix the dent mine had (and a few other minor things). I'll update my thread if/when I know more.

Thanks again!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know it was part of the process, but seeing the dash off like that is painful! Almost cringe worthy! :p
I'm glad you got that taken care of, and definitely thank you for sharing the story and pictures! I think I mentioned this but because of your picture I specifically looked at the glovebox during my delivery! :)

Somewhat related: Just got an email from Tesla yesterday afternoon about coming to get my car and fix the dent mine had (and a few other minor things). I'll update my thread if/when I know more.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the pics! It does look kinda scary too! I’ve never enjoyed the sight of surgery :D at least there is no blood ...
He told me to look away. That was mere seconds after mentioning he only had partial training on Model 3 and was due for full training in 2 weeks :eek::eek::eek:

That said he was absolutely great and the experience couldn’t be better having service come to you and move quickly!

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is great, I was dying to know how hard it was to pop the wood panel strip out.
It looks like there are only snap-in clips along the top side, did you notice if there are any anchoring screws below the side panels? I assume there are, as the driver's side cover is off...

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
He told me to look away. That was mere seconds after mentioning he only had partial training on Model 3 and was due for full training in 2 weeks :eek::eek::eek:

That said he was absolutely great and the experience couldn’t be better having service come to you and move quickly!
@SoFlaModel3,

You should have told him “You know.....you can just replace that with Carbon Fiber at no charge since it’s off and you’re here...I won’t tell Elon”!:D

Ski

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3,

Any Pics of the “Back” of the Wood Grain panel? Pleeeeease say Yes!?!

Ski
Ahhh sorry no. I shared all of the pics I took. The dash piece is very thin though and came off very easily. Pry tool and it snapped right off. Some pieces were screwed in of course but I think that was more the components behind and around the glovebox.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like there's plenty of free space in the dash and the panels are easy to yank off. Always useful for hiding some wires! Thanks for the pics.

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m a newbie owner (received my Model X in late December). Two updates have failed to install. The service advisor told me today that there is a malfunction in one of the door sensors and that is preventing updates from installing.
I was thinking of a good day to drive from Ottawa to Montreal for the repair when she said that they would send a Mobile Tech to do the work at my home.
Does any other company a) diagnose your car from 100s of miles away and b) come to your house to fix it?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m a newbie owner (received my Model X in late December). Two updates have failed to install. The service advisor told me today that there is a malfunction in one of the door sensors and that is preventing updates from installing.
I was thinking of a good day to drive from Ottawa to Montreal for the repair when she said that they would send a Mobile Tech to do the work at my home.
Does any other company a) diagnose your car from 100s of miles away and b) come to your house to fix it?
This sure does beat pulling up on a Saturday morning with 50 other people at Hyundai!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country