Mobile Service Cancelled without notice

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

vjcinajr

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I submitted a service request for my 2020 Model Y via the TESLA App and I was scheduled a mobile service visit for 12/1/2020. I received 2 e-mails, one confirming the appointment and one asking me to take a service satisfaction survey.
Now, 11/29/2020, the TESLA App no longer shows that I have any service appointments scheduled. Somehow, the appointment just disappeared! Trying to find a way to report this issue to Tesla is near impossible.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to report such an issue?

UPDATE (11/30/2020):
There were a number of communication frustrations related to this appointment:

(1) It was impossible to talk to a human to ask why my TESLA app no longer showed the appointment. I called the main Tesla number and the local Sales / Service center (Mt. Kisco NY) where I picked up my car and where the mobile service is based. There was no way, with either of these numbers, to get a status of my service appointment, No way to talk to a human. The automated phone responses directed me to the Tesla.com/service web site.

(2) On Tesla.com/service I made my way to a chat interface. I entered my query into the chat interface but the "CHAT WITH US" button is disabled! (and yes, I was within the posted chat availability hours),

I eventually found an email address for Tesla Mt. Kisco service and asked about the appointment. I got a timely reply that said: "It looks like the mobile appointment was cancelled as the remote technician that diagnosed your concern found it to be within normal specification. …". The service advisor then explained why my concern was within spec..

The real issue here is I was not informed when my appointment was cancelled and why.

I have interacted with many other auto manufacturers over 50+ years of new car ownership and have never had this level of frustration with communicating with their service system. And yet, I still love my Tesla.

Last edited:

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It seems that scheduling an appointment through the app is the most reliable way to get Tesla's attention. So, as silly as it may seem, schedule service through the app to complain about the unwanted cancellation of service. And good luck!

JasonF

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sometime during the past week the service section of Tesla’s web site and app became very broken; it’s possible the appointment as lost during the recovery efforts. So yes, contact them again - if they have your appointment still, they’ll reply that they already have you scheduled.