Mobile (Ranger) service for eastern Ontario or any remote territory.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
"I have also created this thread in Reddit at the link at the bottom of this post"

Many folks around here (160 kms east of Toronto) ask, "What happens when you need to get it fixed?".

So, as part of my "staff check contact call" to the Tesla service center in Toronto, I asked about the mobile service for items that can be addressed via the mobile service.

I was told mobile service is free within 25 kms of the service center and then $3 a km outside that range.

Note to Elon: I suggest a regularly scheduled rural run for mobile service for eastern Ontario (and all remote territories).

The run (for eastern Ontario) would be every second Tuesday and Wednesday of the month.

The mobile repair team would remain overnight at some hotel predicated on the job locations it has to cover (with full per-diem for the two days).

The Tesla customer would pay a flat rate of $20 per mobile repair visit (to prevent frivolous use of this feature).

Obviously, if my car breaks down or cannot start in my garage, one call to Tesla and Tesla shows up......

But for non critical items that can wait a few weeks.....

Thoughts?

TOFLYIN

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you live outside the 25 km radius consider getting a CAA membership. The Plus membership covers up to 200 Km tow and the Premier covers up to 320 km. Cheap insurance if you are worried. You can pretty well assume there will be no one in your area that can work on your car.

Or just move to Downtown Toronto!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
If you live outside the 25 km radius consider getting a CAA membership. The Plus membership covers up to 200 Km tow and the Premier covers up to 320 km. Cheap insurance if you are worried. You can pretty well assume there will be no one in your area that can work on your car.

Or just move to Downtown Toronto!
We have the CAA full meal deal.......in an emergency I can see that as a solution.

But if my car breaks down while under the full warrenty, I'm not expending any wealth to get the car to Tesla to fix.

As for downtown living.....no thanks.

Much prefer the rural setting for our 10 km morning walks, where the most exciting thing is seeing some turtles do a walkabout. ;)

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We have the CAA full meal deal.......in an emergency I can see that as a solution.

But if my car breaks down while under the full warrenty, I'm not expending any wealth to get the car to Tesla to fix.

As for downtown living.....no thanks.

Much prefer the rural setting for our 10 km morning walks, where the most exciting thing is seeing some turtles do a walkabout. ;)
I'm sure you'd sell your Tesla before you'd move to downtown Toronto. ;)

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I'm sure you'd sell your Tesla before you'd move to downtown Toronto. ;)
Yes, in a heartbeat.

But today's ramble (I'm increasing my radius of action every few days to get a feel for the range) proves long (ish) distance travel in my Model 3 is sooooooo much better than a gasser.....

(Photo on my laptop, not this tablet, so you'll just have to trust me: started trip with 98%, ended trip with 33%, went 349 kms)

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, in a heartbeat.

But today's ramble (I'm increasing my radius of action every few days to get a feel for the range) proves long (ish) distance travel in my Model 3 is sooooooo much better than a gasser.....

(Photo on my laptop, not this tablet, so you'll just have to trust me: started trip with 98%, ended trip with 33%, went 349 kms)
That's a calculated range of 537Km. I got an identical range on a 215Km trip this week. Pretty good, I'd say.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
That's a calculated range of 537Km. I got an identical range on a 215Km trip this week. Pretty good, I'd say.
Yes, I'm very happy with this performance (understanding that winter temps will reduce range by 30%).

I find with 10 years of hybrid experience, I'm gliding down (no green regen line showing/no black energy expenditure line showing) steep hills and then letting the speed bleed off slowly back to the cruise control set point.

My promised photo (sorry about it being sideways):

img_0017-jpg.10278