mobile phone holder

RD88

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I have had Brodit mounts in previous cars and browsed their site this evening to see what they offered for the Model 3.
Just thought I would share in case either of the two mounts they offer are of interest.
https://www.brodit.com/productList.html?lrhandDrive=rhd&brand=Tesla&model=3&year=2019&pn=prod

If you did fancy one, don't make the mistake I used to of replacing both the mount and phone holder (they're sold separately) each time you change car/phone. Get yourself the holder that can be adjusted to fit whatever phone. The biggest advantage of that is not needing to remove the phone from the case. The phone specific holders are so tight you cannot even use a gel case.

Mr. Spacely

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really don't understand this. First of all you have to stick your hand through the steering wheel to use the phone (dangerous). Secondly, it takes away from the minimalistic look of the dash. And finally Tesla already has a very nice place to put your phone with charger access...

RD88

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My current car didn't come with sat nav (or even a screen) so I use my phone for that. My mount is on the A pillar rather than behind the wheel but as you say, really not a good idea to be reaching through your steering wheel to touch the phone while driving.

If someone has a Model 3 without the traffic mapping option they might prefer to also use their phone at the expense of the minimalist look of the dash.

Perhaps some users might want to place it there and display a HUD style app showing speed, etc.

Each to their own. :)
When I showed my wife the two Brodit mounts available for the Model 3 she questioned who would want the one that mounts to the centre console.

Mr. Spacely

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Although my SR+ does not have live traffic visualization and colorful mapping, I think all Model 3s have mapping based on real time traffic even if you can't see it...

RD88

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Could be true. I will have to investigate.
Have found it very useful, for whoever is designated navigator, to be able to check the route ahead for orange/red traffic spots.
I've not yet seen Google maps on my phone suggest we change route due to a traffic incident, it's always been our decision to take a detour.
Perhaps it's just the initial route planning that takes in to account the current traffic?